1999 JD 250 skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Harold1988

I have been having electrical issues with my JD 250 here's what's going on. Turn key to start position and it cranks without completely turning to right to start. Replaced switch still happens. The instrument panel goes blank and locks brakes, seat belt switch and runs but will not move. Turn off then try and crank again it may do the same thing or panel lights up and it will run. Used it all day Saturday and worked fine Sunday morning went to crank up and the instrument panel did not come on. I cracked it up for a minute the starter burned up some everywhere nothing burnt but starter. I'm at a lost.

Dirty Dog

Check all of your ground connections. A bad ground with DC current will make all kinds of things happen. Makes things look bad that are ok because it back feeds the circuit. Just a thought.

farmshop

Check all of your ground connections. A bad ground with DC current will make all kinds of things happen. Makes things look bad that are ok because it back feeds the circuit. Just a thought.
Welcome to jd electrical problems. Could be the display when they go goofy things happen.