1999 873 overide lock not always working.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Transam80!

I have a 1999 873 with the Duetz engine. My traction override doesn't always release. The button doesn't seem to do anything. You get in put the lap bar down, start the engine and raise the engine ram's and most of the time you can hear it "click" and it operates just fine, without even touching the green button. But sometimes it won't release at all unless you turn the machine off and restart it. (Sometimes several times.) And all the lights are on to the right of the operator seat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BobcatDoug

What does your charge meter say for battery/charge voltage? I had a unit that would work for 5 minutes or so and then the lock would engage and bring be to a grinding halt. Ended up being a bad regulator on my alternator. Starting the engine would drain the battery some so running voltage would be 14-15 volts but as soon as the battery was recharged and no load on the alternator, the voltage would climb over 18 volts and the lock would engage. I am guessing that there was some safety feature to shut the machine operation down so it would not be used long term in an over voltage condition. New regulator brought the voltage back down under 16 volts and everything is good to go now.

Latest posts