1998 Thomas 135 s hydraulic oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Lenny

I bought this machine in November used it all winter for driveway worked great .. just changed the engine oil and all filters and final drive oil .. the hydraulic oil looks really clean and guy before me said he had it changed a short while ago so I left it.. I think it runs hot for some reason tho no warning lights come on or anything but after 2 or 3 hours of good work u touch the hydraulic oil tank and she really hot like burning hand hot so I shot it with my heat gun and it said it as at 163 f ... does that temp sound right or to hot?? Thinking it might have wrong oil in it ..

Tazza

Staff member
Seems hotter than i'd like, how does the oil cooler look? The finsd need to be clean to allow it to actually cool the fluid.

OP
OP
L

Lenny

Seems hotter than i'd like, how does the oil cooler look? The finsd need to be clean to allow it to actually cool the fluid.
Both rads are clean and fan blowing air threw them good.. everything works just seems like it gets warm

foton

Both rads are clean and fan blowing air threw them good.. everything works just seems like it gets warm
I am not familiar with your model but does the hydro oil cooler come in contact with the radiator it might be wicking off some heat from it, and it is around 160f if you have a 180f thermostat (that is a guess)they are all different.

OP
OP
L

Lenny

I am not familiar with your model but does the hydro oil cooler come in contact with the radiator it might be wicking off some heat from it, and it is around 160f if you have a 180f thermostat (that is a guess)they are all different.
The hyd oil cooler is in front of the rad so it's getting the heat from the rad blown threw it

Latest posts