1995 bobcat 753.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ted

Hydraulic leak. I'm thinking the control valve is leaking. There is a rectangular plate on bottom belly with 3 bolts and fluid is dripping out of it. Is that a cleanout? Took it off and removed a lot of gunk and maybe half gallon of hydraulic came out. Of course theres no room to see in there.

Attachments

• pan.jpg
    pan.jpg
    971.6 KB · Views: 87

SkidRoe

Could be the valve, could be a hose. Your machine is at the age where both will be needing attention. I bought one of those orthoscopic cameras that attach to you phone for occasions just like this. A good power washing after an application of engine shampoo helps find leaks too.

Good Luck - HTH

OP
OP
T

ted

Could be the valve, could be a hose. Your machine is at the age where both will be needing attention. I bought one of those orthoscopic cameras that attach to you phone for occasions just like this. A good power washing after an application of engine shampoo helps find leaks too.

Good Luck - HTH
Engine compartment is pretty clean actually. Wet by the control valve. Main concern is why theres oil coming from that plate?
Wondering if theres a drain plug in there. Can't feel much with my finger and of course I can't see in there. May have to check into orthoscopic camera. Thanks for your reply!

reaperman

That plate is the lowest part of the engine compartment. So anything that leaks will find that spot and leak from it. I've overfilled my machine a few times with fuel, it will slowly leak from that plate until it finally stops. There is a plug under that plate that drops the chain case oil, but no drain for hydraulic oil.

bttpe

Reaperman is correct that there are plugs when you remove the plate. The one on the left side facing the front of the machine is the chaincase plug. The one on the right side facing the rear is the diesel fuel tank. They are steel plugs pushed into rubber grommets. I don't think I would touch them. Generally, the darkest black oil is engine oil. Everything else is either hyd oil or chain case oil. I keep a spray bottle of Simple Green and spray around valves and hoses when I see leaks. You might have to get a toothbrush or a parts brush to clean the nooks and crannies. I also will put a clean shop towel (the blue ones) under where I suspect a leak and watch it every few minutes.
BTW are you consuming Hydraulic Fluid? If you are adding it regularly that would be an indicator.

OP
OP
T

ted

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm going through a lot of hydraulic. It's not an every day user so I have it shut down till I can get it repaired. I'm thinking its the control valve. Going to run it in and have it checked out by professional.

OP
OP
T

ted

That plate is the lowest part of the engine compartment. So anything that leaks will find that spot and leak from it. I've overfilled my machine a few times with fuel, it will slowly leak from that plate until it finally stops. There is a plug under that plate that drops the chain case oil, but no drain for hydraulic oil.
Thank you.