1990 743 Value

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pedalquickly

I purchased a 1990 743 with the kubota diesel engine 2 years ago to use while building my house. It has a tooth bucket, smooth bucket, and forks. Since I purchased it I put a new water pump on it and a large hydraulic hose that was leaking that runs over the pump. The thing has been total reliable for me always starting and running perfectly. It runs strong and I have moved a lot of dirt and gravel with it. The hour meter was not working when I bought it only showing .3 hours. I fixed that and now have a couple hundred hours on it since the repair. My needs have changed and I want to sell it so that I can buy a tractor. What would be a good price to ask for this unit. It has recently developed a small leak in what looks like the hydo valve body (?). It's not a bad leak at all just annoying. Thanks

reaperman

Copy and paste the link to see what 743's are selling for around the country. https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/construction-equipment/for-sale/list/category/1055/skid-steers/manufacturer/bobcat/model-group/743

OP
OP
P

pedalquickly

Copy and paste the link to see what 743's are selling for around the country. https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/construction-equipment/for-sale/list/category/1055/skid-steers/manufacturer/bobcat/model-group/743
Thanks! A little more than I expected.

rodbuilder

I've been buying and selling these things for about 30 years now. If you follow that guy's link all you're going to find out is what dealers are ASKING for them! you'll never find out what they actually SOLD for - right? Plus, dealers have financing and warranties - we DON'T!! In the past 2 years people have gone insane on loader prices. if anyone thinks a nice 743 with no leaks, creep or other issues, like bad tires , paint, seat, etc is worth over $7500 they're nuttier than a frikkin fruit cake!!! if your is nice (as described above) and you really don't need another piece of yard art (!!) put $7500 on it and you shouldn't have it too long. If you put $10,000 on it, ask yourself ONE question: "Why would anyone buy this, if they can buy an 853 for $8500 - $9000 and have a MUCH better and more powerful machine?" I recently bought an 853 for $7,000, then spent another $1200 to paint it, and add new decals, seat and battery, then sold it for $11,000......which is FAR less than the crazy $17,000 anyone else would want for it!! Hey, anyone want to buy a T200 that needs a new drive motor and possibly a fuel line? The tracks are almost new on it!! Call me now at 815-9seven38one28? First one with just $9500 is an owner. i have a brand new bucket for it, but that's $850 more.

Latest posts