1980 Bobcat 720 Engine / Pump Rotation Direction

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bdoyle

As I don't have the starter or flywheel off the original configuration, is there a way to determine the pump shaft rotation direction? The specs I have found on the VH4D says it spins CCW. Bobcat drove the pump from the front the flywheel side (front) to achieve clockwise direction? At least that is the way mine is setup. Is there a way to determine the proper rotation direction of the Vickers hydraulics? Sources to check? I want to order a repower kit using the Kohler vtwin but they want a rotation direction.

OP
OP
B

Bdoyle

Maybe a better question would be: If I opened the back engine cover door, which way would I see the engine spinning?

OP
OP
B

Bdoyle

Maybe a better question would be: If I opened the back engine cover door, which way would I see the engine spinning?
The correct answer is CCW. Normally not a big deal but Bobcat i guess changed how things were done during the production runs on this model. Spinning the crank and watching the camshaft i could determine engine rot by the way the cam moved against the block. So on with ordering the new engine.