1974 John Deere 70

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mrfleet12

Hello
Picked up this 70 from an estate auction last Saturday from the original owners family.
Doing a little freshening up on the machine and noticed the pins for the tilt arms are pretty loose. Does anyone make these, if not, what would be the best steel to make them out of, I have a machinist friend that could do it.
PXL_20220611_201947928.jpg

PXL_20220614_001721626.jpg

ironpony

I have a 125 diesel, JD still has the pins and bushings but I matched them up on the internet for pennies on the dollar.

OP
OP
M

Mrfleet12

I have a 125 diesel, JD still has the pins and bushings but I matched them up on the internet for pennies on the dollar.
Thanks
They stopped carrying these unfortunately. I've been searching the web with no good results. From what I can tell the pins need to be hardened material which is a challenge when trying to make your own.

foton

you could look at a farm parts store and see if they have anything that can just be shortened, you can cut hardened steel with a 1/16 inch cutting blade on a grinder fairly easily. those pins are as about as simple as it gets.

OP
OP
M

Mrfleet12

you could look at a farm parts store and see if they have anything that can just be shortened, you can cut hardened steel with a 1/16 inch cutting blade on a grinder fairly easily. those pins are as about as simple as it gets.
Funny you should say that, was at Farm and Fleet today. Didn't have any pins the right size but they had some sleeves I'm going to try when I get my ram back from JD.
If I need another ram rebuilt I may just do it myself.