1973 Bobcat 610 fuel gage

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ceilingwalker

Hello all. I just purchased a 1973 Bobcat 610 that runs very nice......no issues yet. I have ran it out of gas though, because there is no gas gauge and of course I was too busy playing to get off the machine and check. My question is, has anyone here installed an aftermarket fuel gauge on their 610 and, if so, could you please advise as to where I could purchase one? It doesn't need to be electronic, just something to give me an idea as to the status of the fuel level. Thank you

brdgbldr

Hello all. I just purchased a 1973 Bobcat 610 that runs very nice......no issues yet. I have ran it out of gas though, because there is no gas gauge and of course I was too busy playing to get off the machine and check. My question is, has anyone here installed an aftermarket fuel gauge on their 610 and, if so, could you please advise as to where I could purchase one? It doesn't need to be electronic, just something to give me an idea as to the status of the fuel level. Thank you
You could try to find a cap gauge combo like you find on boats and recreational vehicles.

Or you could figure out how much fuel you use by time and find yourself an hour meter that is resettable like a job meter.

FordCatMan

Thanks for the suggestion. I did that for my tractor with the same problem but never knew where to store the stick to keep it clean. I am thinking of installing a piece of PVC pipe on the Bobcat with one removable end to store the Teflon stick. I currently look in the tank and can't tell if it is 1/4 full or 3/4. It would be nice to have a gauge built into the gas cap like the ones on old riding mowers, but longer/deeper.

Latest posts