1845C 2000# lift

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bootjetgroovestar

Hi im looking to get a case 70xt or up to a 95xt in a cpl months so i can replace a forklift and have the versatility of a skid steer but an1845C came up for sale quite close to me for what Im thinking is a decent price or at least what im comfortable with for an older machine. Id need to lift a ton box off a truck a few times a year. My question is will an 1845C lift 2000# and if so will I need counter weights to do it?Iv read the lift capacity is 1750#. Thanks Jerry

Off Road SHO

I've lifted waaay over my 1840's limit by adding a receiver hitch to the back of the machine (welded it to the tie down plate) and then welded a 8" C-channel to a hitch. I strap railroad rails and 2 5'8" solid round stock to the C-channel and voila', I have additional rear weights. I had to add 3 heavy people to it one day to unload and place a brick pizza oven. Tom

Tazza

Staff member
I've lifted waaay over my 1840's limit by adding a receiver hitch to the back of the machine (welded it to the tie down plate) and then welded a 8" C-channel to a hitch. I strap railroad rails and 2 5'8" solid round stock to the C-channel and voila', I have additional rear weights. I had to add 3 heavy people to it one day to unload and place a brick pizza oven. Tom
I had my dad hanging on to the open rear door of my machine once when setting a concrete pipe as a fish pond. It sure was light on it's feet, but worked very well.