1835c gas running rich?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Patriot21

Good morning guys. I know this is a case 1840 forum but i have a 1835c gas that recently developed some issues. it runs real rough for a minute and then dies. Here is what i have done so far. It is a continental tm20 gas motor with a zenith carb
New spark plugs
New fuel lines.
Took carb apart and cleaned it.
New fuel filter.

After it runs then dies and fuel comes out of the bottom of the carb. Like it is taking in too much fuel
Here is the crazy thing. i lifted up the fuel tube just to put a slight kink in it and it clears up and runs smooth and it will run forever.
Guessing I have a rich fuel situation. ?
Any help is really appreciated

foton

by chance you did not put in a electric fuel pump that might be pushing to much pressure, most of these carb engines only need about 3 psi. could also be needle and seat problem. look at the needle if it has a ring around where it sits on the seat it should be replaced.

OP
OP
P

Patriot21

by chance you did not put in a electric fuel pump that might be pushing to much pressure, most of these carb engines only need about 3 psi. could also be needle and seat problem. look at the needle if it has a ring around where it sits on the seat it should be replaced.
When i bought it the prior must have installed one. As it is on the right side of the motor. And it turns on when i turn the key partially.

Latest posts