1830 starter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
mikelv

mikelv

If am able to find one how much should I expect to pay for it?

OP
OP
mikelv

mikelv

tap tap tap, Is this thing working? Am I the only 1830 owner left?

brdgbldr

tractorpartsasap.com has used starters:

You should be able to go to a auto parts store like NAPA and they should be able to find a replacement or rebuild kit.

OP
OP
mikelv

mikelv

tractorpartsasap.com has used starters:

You should be able to go to a auto parts store like NAPA and they should be able to find a replacement or rebuild kit.
Nope, no body has one. I did find a couple places that said they could custom build one for about $400. Seems the starter is very specific and only ever used for the French made engine Case used in the 1830. The drive end is like an inch longer than every other starter.

haymaker

My cousin had one rebuilt locally for 180.00. Lots of shops around doing that work.
He says good as new.

OP
OP
mikelv

mikelv

Yeah thats my next option. I called a few places around here but they all stopped doing actual rebuilds. Mine needs the armature rewound and the field coil replaced. I used to live up in the Detroit area and There was a place up there that did rebuilds. I am trying to find them. They may be out of business now though. It was 30 years ago. Heck if nothing Else I'll stick a pull cord on it. LOL

foton

have you thought about comunicating with a parts house in France? I would think a rewind of armature and field coils aint gonna be cheap either.

OP
OP
mikelv

mikelv

Lol, yep looked at that. It doesn't fit. I can make you a deal on one if you want one though. :confused:

haymaker

All States Ag, Vander Haag's, and Conequip.com are places that sell used Case parts. There are also tractor and construction equipment bone yards all over the country.
These are places I would take the time to look up and contact If I had one I needed to get parts for.
I have done that for my 542B in the past several times.

OP
OP
mikelv

mikelv

I did contact all states and vander both had nothing at this time. Haven't tried conequip. Ill give them a call.
Thanks

OP
OP
mikelv

mikelv

Watched a youtube video last night with a guy in India rebuilding a starter armature. I wish I had is number.

silenmusicio

what did you find out mike? I am having the same issue and have spent several hours looking through superceded part numbers and interchanges with no luck.