1816B help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cowrider

Hi, I have a 1816B that I just got with a large leak at the drive motor. I pulled the motor and had to order a sprocket as well as the shaft because the splins where all worn. the front axles seemed to have a lot of play between its axle and sprocket so I took it out and found that the key way splintered off on one and the other way worn a great deal. looks like the key traveled to the end of the sprocket away from the motor where it didn't get full contact with the axle shaft. would putting in a longer key or a spacer put in the space help? has anyone else come across this? looking to find a service and owner manual for this as well or at least directions on the motor repair. I did get a OM for the straight 1816 and scanned it if anyone is interested in have a copy. thanks for any help

Tazza

Staff member
Do you happen to have any pictures? There is a lot of force in this area, you don't want to replace the broken bits to have them fail on you again.

OP
OP
C

cowrider

Do you happen to have any pictures? There is a lot of force in this area, you don't want to replace the broken bits to have them fail on you again.
Hi, do have some pictures of the drive axles but don't know how to attach to this. I welded those up and filed the key way. replacing the keys with ones that are longer, looks like Case made them longer in later models. ordered a new pump shaft and sprocket, pricey but I won't have to worry about it again then. could of gotten by with just the sprocket I think, next time that is all I will try. still need manuals if someone has them. here is a link to the OM for a 1816. http://rapidshare.com/files/160783845/Case_1816_Uni-Loader_OM.pdf

Tazza

Staff member
Hi, do have some pictures of the drive axles but don't know how to attach to this. I welded those up and filed the key way. replacing the keys with ones that are longer, looks like Case made them longer in later models. ordered a new pump shaft and sprocket, pricey but I won't have to worry about it again then. could of gotten by with just the sprocket I think, next time that is all I will try. still need manuals if someone has them. here is a link to the OM for a 1816. http://rapidshare.com/files/160783845/Case_1816_Uni-Loader_OM.pdf
Hopefully with the new parts you won't have any more troubles!