153 issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jmoney01

After heavy use the other day, the old girl is hurt. The bucket hydraulics on the tilt is slow now. All other hydraulics are fine, and it's not low on fluid. It is a little faster at full throttle. Any ideas

foton

if the tilt is the only function that is slow ,look for a restriction on that hydro circuit. Is it slow both ways on the tilt? if not your half way on finding the problem.

Tazza

Staff member
if the tilt is the only function that is slow ,look for a restriction on that hydro circuit. Is it slow both ways on the tilt? if not your half way on finding the problem.
Does the bucket drift down? Wondering if it could be fluid by-passing internally.
Does it have aux hydraulics? if so, it's possible that is stuck on, but generally it messes with most functions.

OP
OP
J

Jmoney01

Does the bucket drift down? Wondering if it could be fluid by-passing internally.
Does it have aux hydraulics? if so, it's possible that is stuck on, but generally it messes with most functions.
It will drift to dump. It is slow both ways are you saying the pedal is restricted or the cable? I am hoping to get it up on the lift in a couple of weeks and check it out

Thomas1

It will drift to dump. It is slow both ways are you saying the pedal is restricted or the cable? I am hoping to get it up on the lift in a couple of weeks and check it out
I AM WITH TAZZA ON THIS ONE....SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY NEED A SEAL KIT.

foton

I AM WITH TAZZA ON THIS ONE....SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY NEED A SEAL KIT.
if it is both ways check out the cylinder hopefully that is it , but earlier for some reason it came to mind a hose being pinched over as a restriction causing slow movements or trash in the spool restricting it ,lets hope you do not have to go down that road.

OP
OP
J

Jmoney01

if it is both ways check out the cylinder hopefully that is it , but earlier for some reason it came to mind a hose being pinched over as a restriction causing slow movements or trash in the spool restricting it ,lets hope you do not have to go down that road.
Let me refine my answer, it will not drift up or down without me first hitting the pedal. Doesn't seem down on power, which to me, indicates a bad cylinder. How does the float integrate in this system?

OP
OP
J

Jmoney01

Let me refine my answer, it will not drift up or down without me first hitting the pedal. Doesn't seem down on power, which to me, indicates a bad cylinder. How does the float integrate in this system?
Ok, the cables were bent and bound up. I straightened them out and the pulled on the bench. Made a guide for the and bolted up. Took the valve body off and apart. Where are these seals you guys are talking about? Put it all back together. Using the pedals, I get no movement of the bucket. I disconnected the cables and can get the bucket to come down slowly but not raise. The tilt for the bucket valve will not move either direction. Any ideas? Thanks. On a good note for you guys, if this is not a reasonably priced repair, it may be parted out.....