12 volt source on S205

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hawker74

Hey all, I have 2008 S205 and I am hard-wiring the harness provided to operate a Schulte Snowblower. I have routed the harness through the engine compartment and up along the left lift arm the same route that the 7-pin connector harness follows. The secondary leads go up through the cab to a fabricated bracket that contain the up/dwn L/R snow diverter buttons. The third leads from the harness remain in the engine compartment with a neutral and hot wire for power protected by an in-line fuse. Its obvious that Shulte expects that the hot wire gets connected to a 12V source in the engine compartment, likely direct to the battery. However, the standard Bobcat positive battery cable and post is a stardard setup with no convenient way to add connections other than jerry-rigging something. Does anyone know if there is a better or prefered connection point to access a 12 volt accessory supply rather that a hot connection direct to the battery? Thanks in advance!

OldMachinist

There should be a open connector(C489) on the wiring harness that comes from the 25A kits fuse.
 photo AccessoryConnection_zps4d659350.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hawker74

When using that plug, make sure you don't exceed the amps, blow that fuse, the alternator won't charge.
Thanks for the reply guys. Sounds like maybe the easiest and safest is just to wire direct to the battery. I cant see a reason for fuse protection so I think this will work fine. Thanks again for info and ideas.

OldMachinist

Thanks for the reply guys. Sounds like maybe the easiest and safest is just to wire direct to the battery. I cant see a reason for fuse protection so I think this will work fine. Thanks again for info and ideas.
The connector I pointed out is protected by a 25 amp fuse so as long as the inline fuse you said was in the Shulte wiring is less then it should work fine.