04 A300 Hydralics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cats7cc

Have a 04 A300, when we lift the arms up they go up fine with no resistance or hesitation. As soon as they are up in the air they fall right back down. The bucket positions fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've done a search on hear and didn't find much. Do I possibly have something as simple as a bad o-ring somewhere or do I have something going on with the electronics or something else?

Tazza

Staff member
I would guess a load check valve is sticking open but cant tell you where to locate it.
The load checks are mounted into the control block.
How fast do the arms drop back down?
It's not aux sticking, that would not make the arms fall back down, it removed power from the hydraulic system diverting it.
I'm wondering if it could be bad ram seals.

antfarmer2

The load checks are mounted into the control block.
How fast do the arms drop back down?
It's not aux sticking, that would not make the arms fall back down, it removed power from the hydraulic system diverting it.
I'm wondering if it could be bad ram seals.
I stand corrected but trying and learning

OldMachinist

I stand corrected but trying and learning
It does sound like a bad load check valve. May just have something stuck in it.
By the way year means nothing on a Bobcat. All info, diagrams and parts are serial number driven.
So with a serial number I could post a diagram of the control valve to pinpoint where the lift load check is.

Bobcatdan

It does sound like a bad load check valve. May just have something stuck in it.
By the way year means nothing on a Bobcat. All info, diagrams and parts are serial number driven.
So with a serial number I could post a diagram of the control valve to pinpoint where the lift load check is.
I would look at the cylinders, one is leaking internally almost guarantee. A possibility is the the emergency boom lower vavle is bypassing. The control vavle is the last place I would check. A leaking port relief vavle could cause the problem, but not a load check.

Tazza

Staff member
I would look at the cylinders, one is leaking internally almost guarantee. A possibility is the the emergency boom lower vavle is bypassing. The control vavle is the last place I would check. A leaking port relief vavle could cause the problem, but not a load check.
The boom lowering valve, i never though about that. It is another very good spot to look. They can rust up over time and stick/leak.

OP
OP
C

cats7cc

The boom lowering valve, i never though about that. It is another very good spot to look. They can rust up over time and stick/leak.
S/N is 521111504. A diagram would be great to refer to if you don't mind getting me one. That way we know exactly where to tear into this thing after we eliminate the lift cylinders also.

OldMachinist

S/N is 521111504. A diagram would be great to refer to if you don't mind getting me one. That way we know exactly where to tear into this thing after we eliminate the lift cylinders also.
 photo A300_Control_valve_diagram_zpsce314a89.jpg

OP
OP
C

cats7cc

Thanks guys! I think we have it figured out and have narrowed it down to the lift cylinders. Going to rebuild them and see what that does. On another note, In need a a new heater core. Is there anywhere we can get one aftermarket or do we need to just break down and order through bobcat? Kind of spendy through them.

Bobcatdan

Thanks guys! I think we have it figured out and have narrowed it down to the lift cylinders. Going to rebuild them and see what that does. On another note, In need a a new heater core. Is there anywhere we can get one aftermarket or do we need to just break down and order through bobcat? Kind of spendy through them.
A radiator shop should be able to repair if it is not beyond repair.

OP
OP
C

cats7cc

A radiator shop should be able to repair if it is not beyond repair.
mmmm.....long story short, took it out to clean up and after cleaned up laid outside on top of the dumpster. Needless to say the garbage man came that day. So, now we need a new one.

antfarmer2

mmmm.....long story short, took it out to clean up and after cleaned up laid outside on top of the dumpster. Needless to say the garbage man came that day. So, now we need a new one.
If you remember the size find a sub or a after market