Zero fluid

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Leewest

New to the site and apologize if anything like this has been posted but on a Sunday with nothing open, zero degrees and a skid dead in the water I'm looking for any help. Hydraulic line blew yesterday afternoon somewhere under the cab. I milked the skid steer back to the farm but now with little to no oil or pressure I can't lift the arms to get the cab up and find the leak. Is there any way to lift the arms enough to open cab and can I push/pull skid steer into shop without it running? Thank you for any advice or help.

OP
OP
L

Leewest

Can I take the parking brake off like I would normally run machine without starting motor and use another loader to slowly lift the arms?

oasis04

My machine is an '06 317 so not sure if the cab lift procedure is the same. I can lift the cab with the arms up or down. as simple as two nuts on fwd corners and lift it up.

OP
OP
L

Leewest

My machine is an '06 317 so not sure if the cab lift procedure is the same. I can lift the cab with the arms up or down. as simple as two nuts on fwd corners and lift it up.
Besides the two nuts the arms are in the way of the cab when they are down. I did find a different thread on here about loosening the lines to arm cylinders and lifting with another loader. It was slow but it worked.

Tazza

Staff member
Besides the two nuts the arms are in the way of the cab when they are down. I did find a different thread on here about loosening the lines to arm cylinders and lifting with another loader. It was slow but it worked.
I was going to say that was your last option. Lucky you had access to the fittings to do so.

cummins9301

I was going to say that was your last option. Lucky you had access to the fittings to do so.
On the 200 series Deeres you can raise the cab withe the boom up or down. If you need to get the boom up and you have a tractor available with remotes on it you can plumb the tractor into the boom circuit and raise the boom that way. I've done that a couple times.

finn01

On the 200 series Deeres you can raise the cab withe the boom up or down. If you need to get the boom up and you have a tractor available with remotes on it you can plumb the tractor into the boom circuit and raise the boom that way. I've done that a couple times.
A little late, but I blew a hose on my 240 a couple years ago. The hose that blew was under the engine and access was easy by jacking the machine up with a Hi-Lift mechnical jack or a floor jack (can't remember, but it was easy) and dropping the belly plan / skid plate by removing a few bolts. The replacement was relatively easy. Didn't need to lift the cab. Make sure you support the machine. You will be very flat if the jack fails.

Latest posts