Wow Help bad injection pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
S

saythey

Sounds like a torquing issue to me. It is not uncommon to have friction fits on cam drives (VW has done this for years on their diesels), but they have to be tight. Where did you end up getting the reman engine from?
I got reman engine from JD Well after the smoke cleared it was a $12000 touch. Used it for a few hours seemed ok. Next day I went to used it and then it died. It seemed like it ran out of fuel but I just filled it. I had to take the return fuel line off and pump the crap out of the primer till fuel came out then it started. It did that three times. However when I pump the primer it take a long time for the plunger to come up. Why would it run good for a few hours then start acting up? I have winter diesel in it and I added some de icer thinking it was gelling up. Is it a filter issue or is the return fuel line check valve causing the problem. Fishing for ideas. Also what is the proper brake in procedure also.

SkidRoe

I got reman engine from JD Well after the smoke cleared it was a $12000 touch. Used it for a few hours seemed ok. Next day I went to used it and then it died. It seemed like it ran out of fuel but I just filled it. I had to take the return fuel line off and pump the crap out of the primer till fuel came out then it started. It did that three times. However when I pump the primer it take a long time for the plunger to come up. Why would it run good for a few hours then start acting up? I have winter diesel in it and I added some de icer thinking it was gelling up. Is it a filter issue or is the return fuel line check valve causing the problem. Fishing for ideas. Also what is the proper brake in procedure also.
Yes, it does sound like a restriction somewhere in your fuel supply line. I would trace it back as far as you can and look for kinks or pinches. It could have sucked up something, you may be able to clear it through a careful application of some compressed air. Do a visual inspection first. Avoid blowing compressed air through the fuel filter.
As far as break-ins go, there are various opinions. Some say to not run the engine at full speed or full load for the first 20-50 hours. Any engines that we have rebuilt, we typically just operate them at constant rated speed and full load. I have seen too many engines get babied after rebuild, and then end up burning oil because the rings never seated properly.
Have a look at your operators manual for what Deere's recommendation was for when the machine was new.
HTH.

Bobcatdan

Yes, it does sound like a restriction somewhere in your fuel supply line. I would trace it back as far as you can and look for kinks or pinches. It could have sucked up something, you may be able to clear it through a careful application of some compressed air. Do a visual inspection first. Avoid blowing compressed air through the fuel filter.
As far as break-ins go, there are various opinions. Some say to not run the engine at full speed or full load for the first 20-50 hours. Any engines that we have rebuilt, we typically just operate them at constant rated speed and full load. I have seen too many engines get babied after rebuild, and then end up burning oil because the rings never seated properly.
Have a look at your operators manual for what Deere's recommendation was for when the machine was new.
HTH.
Try taking the fuel cap off, it sounds like it is having a hard time getting fuel. Normally if the rear check vavle is bad, the system would build pressure and the engine will atart and die. There sould be a small in line filter, can you blow threw it? As for break in, the engine should be filled with break in oil. I think the spec is change at 50 hr. Don't do a lot of idling, that is actaully hard on a fresh engine.

bwoolf7

contaminated fuel can cause it thats what happend to me on my 8875 old owner had alot of sediment in fuel tank and lots of water in fuel rusted the inner parts and rust flakes flaked off and scored the injection pump. long story short it would costed me more to rebuild the pump than to buy a brand new one