Will Cab off G series fit and 743?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ksstang

I know its kind of a off the wall questions, but wondering if the newer loader cab ROPS portion of it would fit on to a 743 without much modification? Parts and everything else for them are so much easier to find, plus better looking lighting, etc etc. I have been thinking it would be a fun project to switch one out if they would fit. Thanks, Kyle

Tazza

Staff member
I can't say for sure that it would, but i don't think your dash will fit the new cab.

[email protected]

Yeah, its a long shot, but thought I'd ask anyway.
i think the dimensions are pretty damn close, i'd be interested to find out. i know the same cab was on a 753 then the chassis stayed the same when they changed to g series. i bet you could get it to fit.

OP
OP
K

ksstang

i think the dimensions are pretty damn close, i'd be interested to find out. i know the same cab was on a 753 then the chassis stayed the same when they changed to g series. i bet you could get it to fit.
I just keep thinking that if I every found a newer one that was fire damaged, or broken beyond all repair that I'd try to snag it dirt cheap. Parts for the newer cabs are easier and cheaper to find, etc.

Tazza

Staff member
I just keep thinking that if I every found a newer one that was fire damaged, or broken beyond all repair that I'd try to snag it dirt cheap. Parts for the newer cabs are easier and cheaper to find, etc.
If it's cheap, i'd go for it too. Worst case, you pretty it up and sell it.
One thing with fire damage, if it gets toot hot, the tensile strength may be reduced making it less safe, just something to keep in mind.