Will a 709 backhoe attachment work on a LX885?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

The upper mount arms that reach back on both sides of the loader boom would have to be removed and someothermeans of stabilizing the tilt cylinder wouldneed to be made.
The 709 is to narrow to fit around the boom on my ls160 and I sure it won't clear the boom on your 885. Otherwise it will fit the quick attach fine
Ken

jerry

The upper mount arms that reach back on both sides of the loader boom would have to be removed and someothermeans of stabilizing the tilt cylinder wouldneed to be made.
The 709 is to narrow to fit around the boom on my ls160 and I sure it won't clear the boom on your 885. Otherwise it will fit the quick attach fine
Ken
Ken, have you adapted your backhoe to the ls160 yet? I suppose you aren't going to bother as long as you have the Bobcat also. Do you think the metal below the cab entrance is strong enough to come off it with a mount? I was thinking of putting about a 1/2 inch thick plate large enough to take advantage of the holes there and making a single mount for 3 pt link on it. The only thing I don't like is that it is almost at the same height as the top of the quick attach plate, have you seen other mounts on New hollands? Thank you for any ideas. Jerry

skidsteer.ca

Ken, have you adapted your backhoe to the ls160 yet? I suppose you aren't going to bother as long as you have the Bobcat also. Do you think the metal below the cab entrance is strong enough to come off it with a mount? I was thinking of putting about a 1/2 inch thick plate large enough to take advantage of the holes there and making a single mount for 3 pt link on it. The only thing I don't like is that it is almost at the same height as the top of the quick attach plate, have you seen other mounts on New hollands? Thank you for any ideas. Jerry
Jerry
The one I'd seen with a 3pt was on a larger cat skid to a JD 911 extender backhoe (11 ft hoe quite heavy) I can't vouch for the frame thickness on the cat, but the 3pt link was standing up fine. (About a 1 1/4 inch course thead ) I can't see the frame being weaker then the bolt on the linkage.
I believe it would work, especially for a home user. I have considered adapting my 709 away from the Bobcat proprietary sytem, but not sure its worth it.
I think it would be high enough, though greater separation would be better, it would still be a hug improvement over just the tilt cylinders getting a beatting.
The only attachments I can interchange is the Stump grinder goes with the 160 because its hi flow, and the hoes must go on the bobcats. a bit of a pita sometimes but not sure its worth the update effort.
Sorry it took me a bit, been flogging wood lately
Ken

jerry

Jerry
The one I'd seen with a 3pt was on a larger cat skid to a JD 911 extender backhoe (11 ft hoe quite heavy) I can't vouch for the frame thickness on the cat, but the 3pt link was standing up fine. (About a 1 1/4 inch course thead ) I can't see the frame being weaker then the bolt on the linkage.
I believe it would work, especially for a home user. I have considered adapting my 709 away from the Bobcat proprietary sytem, but not sure its worth it.
I think it would be high enough, though greater separation would be better, it would still be a hug improvement over just the tilt cylinders getting a beatting.
The only attachments I can interchange is the Stump grinder goes with the 160 because its hi flow, and the hoes must go on the bobcats. a bit of a pita sometimes but not sure its worth the update effort.
Sorry it took me a bit, been flogging wood lately
Ken
thanks Ken, I'll give it a try and use a cat 2 link, should be good enough for my little hoe. I suppose ground will start to get soft in the woods pretty soon now.