Variable speed drive belt for OMC 1200 Skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

toms44

Sounds good lmao
We are starting on the drive belt replacement this morning, should be fun, I have some kind of heavy rope I will try to spread the sheaves apart with before I remove the clamp on that shaft, I guess we have to take the hydraulic line off the motor end shaft to get that belt over it, what I realized is they had welded the hinges on for the seat housing, so I guess we cut that off first :( im hoping this is just like the jd24 as I bought a manual for one of those, I twas told they were the same, that jd 24 has a hydraulic break and real brake drums on the front wheels though (wish this did!)

toms44

We are starting on the drive belt replacement this morning, should be fun, I have some kind of heavy rope I will try to spread the sheaves apart with before I remove the clamp on that shaft, I guess we have to take the hydraulic line off the motor end shaft to get that belt over it, what I realized is they had welded the hinges on for the seat housing, so I guess we cut that off first :( im hoping this is just like the jd24 as I bought a manual for one of those, I twas told they were the same, that jd 24 has a hydraulic break and real brake drums on the front wheels though (wish this did!)
wow, did that turn into a real Job, had to take the front panel off and the front floor board to get to a hydraulic line that would not allow the new belt to pass over the pulley on the hydraulic adjustable set it literally turned into a all day job from about 9 till6 eating lunch by the skid steer, everything was tough to get apart, I think perhaps the new belt was thicker than the factor or someone had replaced that line with one that had a 90 much further away from the joint (which was very close to the pulley and had been braised for a repair before so now that we have it movable we bourght it down on the slab, so we can get it up on jack stands to remove the right side and see what is up with that drive side, it does not like to engage properly

njclimber

wow, did that turn into a real Job, had to take the front panel off and the front floor board to get to a hydraulic line that would not allow the new belt to pass over the pulley on the hydraulic adjustable set it literally turned into a all day job from about 9 till6 eating lunch by the skid steer, everything was tough to get apart, I think perhaps the new belt was thicker than the factor or someone had replaced that line with one that had a 90 much further away from the joint (which was very close to the pulley and had been braised for a repair before so now that we have it movable we bourght it down on the slab, so we can get it up on jack stands to remove the right side and see what is up with that drive side, it does not like to engage properly
Just did the belt on my omc1200 and it turned out to be a fairly simple operation made with a few hand tools and a prybar. Removed side of cage, seat, engine shield, and circular panel for upper pulley hydraulic line. Removed hydraulic line on top pulley. Removed the 6 9/16" bolts on the variable drive shaft and slipped over the belt to the pulley. Installed in lower pulley, used a pry bar to spread it to really get the 1-3/4" wide belt down in there, then looped over upper pulley also using a smaller prybar. It seemed a bit loose when installed but I think it tightened up a bit. Need to do exhaust manifold on the motor next. I sure wish someone outlined the belt install, but I guess that's what my post is for!

bigcam

From what i dug up online this belt is the right length but a 1/16 wider then the original belt. what i dug up said the factory belt was 68.6 x 1 3/4 I dont know if it will work but i think i mite try it. If someone els wants to take there chances here ya go http://www.vbeltsupply.com/ecommerce/variable-speed-belts/variable-speed/2926v686.html

frank b

From what i dug up online this belt is the right length but a 1/16 wider then the original belt. what i dug up said the factory belt was 68.6 x 1 3/4 I dont know if it will work but i think i mite try it. If someone els wants to take there chances here ya go http://www.vbeltsupply.com/ecommerce/variable-speed-belts/variable-speed/2926v686.html
Does anyone know if the drive belt for the 1200 is the same for the 1700? ( JD170, JD24 )