turf tires

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I need a turf friendly tire for my 1816. I was thinking of going with a rib tractor tire. The ones that go on the front of a small tractor. Would this work for a skid? The size match up and load rating are the same. The set on there are good but they just tear up turf.

jerry

I know a guy with light truck tires on a 853 , uses it winter and summer and it isnt as hard on the grass. I think the rib on the tractor tire would cut up the lawn pretty good, if you turn a tractor sharp on a lawn it will cut it up.

lesgawlik

I know a guy with light truck tires on a 853 , uses it winter and summer and it isnt as hard on the grass. I think the rib on the tractor tire would cut up the lawn pretty good, if you turn a tractor sharp on a lawn it will cut it up.
I don't think you will find them. Even a small little skid like an 1816 will tear up the grass. My second 1816 came will car tires, which probably would have done the least damage. Those tires were dry-rotted and I didn't use them too long before I replaced them with standard skid tires from an auction site. My first 1816 came with nearly bald tires. I kept mounted on the original wheels just to use if I had to drive on a lawn, but I've been too lazy to swap them out. When I need to drive over grass, I put down plywood. It it's an occasional job, you can use OSB. It's much cheaper, but doesn't last long.

OP
OP
sectlandscaping
I don't think you will find them. Even a small little skid like an 1816 will tear up the grass. My second 1816 came will car tires, which probably would have done the least damage. Those tires were dry-rotted and I didn't use them too long before I replaced them with standard skid tires from an auction site. My first 1816 came with nearly bald tires. I kept mounted on the original wheels just to use if I had to drive on a lawn, but I've been too lazy to swap them out. When I need to drive over grass, I put down plywood. It it's an occasional job, you can use OSB. It's much cheaper, but doesn't last long.
hmmm, I could try truck tires. I could see that working. Anything would be better then the tires that are on it now. They leave a deep tire track everywhere it drives.