Tires for my 943.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gdog

Hey all was wondering if anyone can tell me what tires I can run on my 943 it currently has 24 ply aircraft tires on a 10lug wheel. I am having problems finding a suitable tire to mount on it that will give me the proper clearance under the machine. I believe the wheels are 16.5 × 10 thanks

mrbb

2-16.5 should be the OEM size,(I'd guess 10 or 12 ply) but since this machine is not new, and unless you owned since new, its hard to say for sure what tires will fit on the Wheels on it now, as over time, many times, owners alter or switch wheels
Most places that sell skid steer tires will sell them as a package with new wheels, , which might be the way to go, so you know you get a full set that fit properly, if thats your goal!

OP
OP
G

gdog

2-16.5 should be the OEM size,(I'd guess 10 or 12 ply) but since this machine is not new, and unless you owned since new, its hard to say for sure what tires will fit on the Wheels on it now, as over time, many times, owners alter or switch wheels
Most places that sell skid steer tires will sell them as a package with new wheels, , which might be the way to go, so you know you get a full set that fit properly, if thats your goal!
New to me only. Also the rims are 10 lug 16"×11" at least that's what it says on the rim. I am super confused because I cannot find anything like it online. Thanks for the help guys

mrbb

New to me only. Also the rims are 10 lug 16"×11" at least that's what it says on the rim. I am super confused because I cannot find anything like it online. Thanks for the help guys
sounds to me like the wheels on it are again NOT OEM wheels, so, maybe previous owner's swapped them for tire wheels, they had access too, like the air craft ones you stated are on it

IO DO NOT know your specific model on how many lugs were on it stock, but I would think, odds are, if it has 10 on it now, that was what it came with, as I do NOT know of anyone that modified the axle/hubs to go to different lug amounts
BUT that being said, have you removed a wheel off the machine to see if MAYBE, someone added some wheel spacers that allowed for the 10 lug set up"
older machines like this, many times have had owners that , well, used things they had, and made mods to do so, rather than buying OEM parts or, to serve a need they wanted?
crazy mods are out there, you know, them REDNECK fixes, HAHA!

if I was you, I'd maybe suggest again pulling a wheel off the machine and look for wheel spacers /8 to 10 lug conversion

and do some looking online at some pictures of like machines and see what amount of lug nuts you see there

if there just wheel spacers modified to go to 10 lug set up, odds are all you need to do is, remove the spacer and buy some OEM tire wheels and you will be back to OEM set up,

Maybe a member here that owns a like model can add more, but , that would be my suggestion, pull wheels off machine and look and go from there!

OP
OP
G

gdog

sounds to me like the wheels on it are again NOT OEM wheels, so, maybe previous owner's swapped them for tire wheels, they had access too, like the air craft ones you stated are on it

IO DO NOT know your specific model on how many lugs were on it stock, but I would think, odds are, if it has 10 on it now, that was what it came with, as I do NOT know of anyone that modified the axle/hubs to go to different lug amounts
BUT that being said, have you removed a wheel off the machine to see if MAYBE, someone added some wheel spacers that allowed for the 10 lug set up"
older machines like this, many times have had owners that , well, used things they had, and made mods to do so, rather than buying OEM parts or, to serve a need they wanted?
crazy mods are out there, you know, them REDNECK fixes, HAHA!

if I was you, I'd maybe suggest again pulling a wheel off the machine and look for wheel spacers /8 to 10 lug conversion

and do some looking online at some pictures of like machines and see what amount of lug nuts you see there

if there just wheel spacers modified to go to 10 lug set up, odds are all you need to do is, remove the spacer and buy some OEM tire wheels and you will be back to OEM set up,

Maybe a member here that owns a like model can add more, but , that would be my suggestion, pull wheels off machine and look and go from there!
Pulled a wheel and it doesn't appear to have any spacer.

mrbb

maybe take a few pic;'s and post and sure some here might be able to tell you better than I, as I don't again own your make or model!
you can also contact your local bobcat dealer and ask them about your machine, they can pull spec;'s off a serial number, and if it came with 10 lug wheels, , I'd bet they can get them for you too, might be over priced but , would then be again correct set up for you, if yours are wrong!

OP
OP
G

gdog

maybe take a few pic;'s and post and sure some here might be able to tell you better than I, as I don't again own your make or model!
you can also contact your local bobcat dealer and ask them about your machine, they can pull spec;'s off a serial number, and if it came with 10 lug wheels, , I'd bet they can get them for you too, might be over priced but , would then be again correct set up for you, if yours are wrong!
Thanks again

mrbb

OK I did a quick look on bobcat site and found this (see below for copy and paste off there site)

it shows that your machine does have 10 lugs and new wheels ain;'t cheap, but doubt you need them if your current ones are holding air and in good condition(not rusted out)

as for tires, again, I would gather if you contacted bobcat they can get you them
or maybe a place like this that dealers in HD tires, they shows these tries for the wheel size bobcat lists?

Standard 17.5 x 10.5 Wheel Rim for Loaders, 6565738 is designed and approved by Bobcat engineering to be tough and reliable.
  • Fits 17.5 x 14 tire
  • Rim size 17.5 inches (diameter) x 10.5 inches wide
  • 10 bolt holes
  • 2.7 inches between holes
  • Bolt circle: 8.75 inches
  • Powder coated Bobcat orange
Parts can vary depending on your serial number. Check the Bobcat Online Parts Catalog to ensure the correct part for your equipment.
Specifications
Model CompatibilityLoaders: 943, 953, 963