Tooth bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bnelson

Looking for advice or recommendations on good brands and ones to stay away from. I have a 75 hp track machine and need to purchase a 78" tooth bucket but I'm finding prices from $1250.00 to $3800.00. Any advice would be appreciated.

foton

well blue diamond are good and pricey. what ever you decide upon I will add make sure that the teeth are of a common variety so replacements can be easily found. I found a 72 inch toothed bobcat bucket on ebay won the bid for 250 bucks had to replace all the teeth but still got into it cheap enough to call it a win.

mrbb

most times prices have to do with build quality and strength of the bucket, so, (most all brands have cheap buckets and high priced buckets)
some times you have to ask what work will bucket be doing , to get the right bucket, moving just dirt, or more harsh materials, like breaking concrete and so on!?
so, how severe of work, or mild the work is, , tends to lead you to what bucket you should get, and the price that comes with it.

once you know your work, then buy based on that, as most bucket makers will classify there buckets , if its a mild work bucket, heavy duty or severe duty bucket
and then when you look at spec;s of build materials, you tend to see the reason why some cost more than others
better materials, thicker metal, higher quality metal, and a more stout build in the end(and don't forget option,s having hooks or side cutters, size of cutting edge , low profile, high back,and so on ?)

but also, keep in mind, pending machine, too, that the more severe built buckets is, they tend to start to get pretty heavy, which can cause machines with lesser lift amounts, to struggle when fully loaded! pending material

that all said, you sort of get what you pay for!
so pick based on what work you do most! and stick to brand names that tell you what types of metals is used!

Latest posts