TL130 Engine Removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HandyMoe

Just trying to get an idea of how hard it would be to remove a TL130 engine. We found one bearing in catastrophic condition and are looking at how easy/ hard it would be ro remove the engine to facilitate crank cleanup and ensure that all ports are clear of any debris. From the looks of it, it looks fairly simple.

Tazza

Staff member
I don't believe it is too hard to remove, engine mounts, wires, coolant lines, fuel lines and a coupler to the pump.

OP
OP
H

HandyMoe

I don't believe it is too hard to remove, engine mounts, wires, coolant lines, fuel lines and a coupler to the pump.
It took me less than a full day even working around customers coming in and out of the shop to rent stuff. I recommend for anyone attempting to do this is to remove the door, radiator, battery and the hydraulic pipe that comes off the filter to the manifold in the rear of the unit. Once we got in there with our forklift....it was a matter of easing it out. I hope this helps anyone planning on doing it. After getting it out and broken down today we found lots of blow by and possibly a rod or 2 that wont be reused in the rebuild if the owner goes for it. Metric will be your friend in this undertaking (if you don't already know)