STARTS RUNS BUT DIES IN 2 MINUETS

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Drhandy

I have a 99 763 BOB CAT Saturday I was using it and it ran just fine. Was low on fuel my friend gave me some bio diesel 75 –25 mix. I started doing some grading and it started to lose power then die but would start right up. Opened the back and checked for leaks found none then I squeezed the primer ball and it had low pressure. When I pump it up the unit would run for about a couple minuets and die. I seemed to me that it was losing prime. Now I know Bio Diesel cleans the fuel system. Would it be possible my filter is plugged just a little. Or could the Bio Diesel have attacked the fuel pick up in the tank.

Tazza

Staff member
Its possible its dislodged a bit of gunk, have you changed the fuel filter?
If the primer bulb was flat i'd say your pickup tube is pluged, but you didn't mention that so i'd have my doubts thats the issue, but who knows.
Make sure the bleed screw on the pump is fully closed too.

Dhandy

Its possible its dislodged a bit of gunk, have you changed the fuel filter?
If the primer bulb was flat i'd say your pickup tube is pluged, but you didn't mention that so i'd have my doubts thats the issue, but who knows.
Make sure the bleed screw on the pump is fully closed too.
stop by the auto Store on my way home and picked up 3 fuel filters. I removed the fuel filter and installed the new fuel filter I pored fuel in the new filter before I installed it pump the primer ball and opened the bleeder screw shut the bleeder and pump up one more time and bleed system closed bleeder. pump up system and open return line bleeder and pump up started unit, it runs just fine now I was pretty sure it was the Bio Diesels cleaning quality that plugged the filter. thanks for the help.