solid tires

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

41hat

I am looking at solid tires for my 743. the guy selling them says they are 200lbs. a tire any pros or cons to these tires they appear to have a valve stem in the rim so I assume there is some type of additive that makes them solid any help is appreciated thanks in advance mark

reaperman

Antfarmer is correct, you better have a good back if you want to use these tires. They are also harder on the chains and drive system than normal tires. Two hundred lbs is probably close to the weight, a foam filled tires is alot like jumbo shrimp.

OP
OP

41hat

Antfarmer is correct, you better have a good back if you want to use these tires. They are also harder on the chains and drive system than normal tires. Two hundred lbs is probably close to the weight, a foam filled tires is alot like jumbo shrimp.
thanks guys I will pass on the solids and keep looking

fiddlearound

thanks guys I will pass on the solids and keep looking
I hear these complaints about solid tires all the time. I have them on my 753 and have no problems. Of course, I don't sit in it 8 hrs a day, every day. But, I sure like not having to worry about flats. I've had my B'cat for five years with NO tire problems! Just my 2 cents.

sstec

I hear these complaints about solid tires all the time. I have them on my 753 and have no problems. Of course, I don't sit in it 8 hrs a day, every day. But, I sure like not having to worry about flats. I've had my B'cat for five years with NO tire problems! Just my 2 cents.
Solids have there place. If you live in a cold climate with snow and ice. I would say no. Or if you never use your bobcat to plow snow, then maybe. We use them for construction demo only, and that's it. Can't climb a curb in the winter with as well as getting beat to death with the ride. sstec

idwoodhauler

I got foam filled on my 743b and absolutely love them. I was constantly battling flats with the work I do. They increased my lifting capacity quite a bit- probably 200-300#. I plow my shop and house with it and haven't had any problems. It has saved me quite a bit of time and aggravation with constantly fixing/filling tires.

I got foam filled on my 743b and absolutely love them. I was constantly battling flats with the work I do. They increased my lifting capacity quite a bit- probably 200-300#. I plow my shop and house with it and haven't had any problems. It has saved me quite a bit of time and aggravation with constantly fixing/filling tires.
Hi, My Company Runs '" Solid Tyres " On all Of our Skid - Steers ( All Brands ) :).. http://www.dhgriffin.com , We Do Demolishion Work . No Problem on Chain Breakage ,,, We Rotate the tyres to try to keep the wear / Diameter About the Same , YES,,, They Will Rattle Your Teeth AND Back Bones ,, Traded Out the Stock seats for the " Later Model Suspenion Seats " .... > For Winter Work I Modifyed A set of " Diesel Truck Snow Chains " To fit a set of " solids " , Yes ,, Yery HEAVY Each Tyre/Wheel combo ... We had some Rubber flotation Tyres ,, Endded Up FOAM Filling them ,,, ;( ... IT Just Depends on want you are doing ,, Just saying ,,,, Good Luck , Later, Mark K.

sluggish

Hi, My Company Runs '" Solid Tyres " On all Of our Skid - Steers ( All Brands ) :).. http://www.dhgriffin.com , We Do Demolishion Work . No Problem on Chain Breakage ,,, We Rotate the tyres to try to keep the wear / Diameter About the Same , YES,,, They Will Rattle Your Teeth AND Back Bones ,, Traded Out the Stock seats for the " Later Model Suspenion Seats " .... > For Winter Work I Modifyed A set of " Diesel Truck Snow Chains " To fit a set of " solids " , Yes ,, Yery HEAVY Each Tyre/Wheel combo ... We had some Rubber flotation Tyres ,, Endded Up FOAM Filling them ,,, ;( ... IT Just Depends on want you are doing ,, Just saying ,,,, Good Luck , Later, Mark K.
I run solid tires and have no issues. I wouldn't recommend them for a new operator who is going to bounce around as that would be really hard on machine. But if you are a seasoned operator and can run it smoothly, paying attention to what is around you and what you are about to drive over, it doesn't beat you up at all. Probably a little harder on the drive components but this far have not had any problems. I ran foam filled on my 743 and had it up to over 8000 hrs when I sold the machine. still worked great. I am on my 3rd Deere now and this one has solid rubber tires. I do plow snow and even run an ice breaker on mine. The guys are right though about being horrible in the cold. I just screw in some 1 inch lag bolts right into the tread right after the first snowfall and pull them out in the spring. Costs me about $12/winter to "stud" my tires and I can run on a sheet of ice with no problems.