s70 hydraulic question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

amtun

I have 2018 s70 only 300hrs for home use. this is what I noticed after using it here and there . is it air in the hydraulic fluid? should I be concern about it? it also make some noice when using the bucket lifting up and down. sometimes, the noice disappear at low rpm . it is come and go. I also noticed jerky movement while lifting bucket up with weight higher than 3-4 feet off the ground. any thought or advice? the machine runs fine otherwise.
439503093_7503463843079609_6945307554588357072_n.jpg

Attachments

• 439422241_7503464086412918_5108799887915444748_n.jpg
    439422241_7503464086412918_5108799887915444748_n.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 27

laurencen

looks like air or possibly water, I would drain some off and see if it separates after sitting for a few hours, the noise could be cavitation due to the air, this a new to you machine? have you added any oil to it recently? either way running like this will cause damage to the pump

OP
OP
A

amtun

let me take out some and see if it separate. I bought it two years ago for home use. it has been ok. I just filled the hydraulic oil

laurencen

it started after you added oil? or added it when it started making noise? how much did you add

OP
OP
A

amtun

I dont recall how much I added. it was low and making some noise. then after I used it for a while and tried to check it by removing the top cap, the fluid came out. it might be under pressure

laurencen

when oil is low it cavitates the pump and you get noise, more as the bubbles increase, adding oil to the tank right away then running will only cause more bubbles and eventually if you keep running will overflow the tank, it needs to sit many hours, the air will come out but may take 24 hours sitting, if its not out and you restart the issue will come back again

I would drain the oil into pails where you can see the oil is free of air

OP
OP
A

amtun

I have to find a way how to drain completely. I will keep you posted. I appreciate your comment.

laurencen

if you can not drain leave it 24 hours, check stick if it looks settled no air in suspension start it, only for a short time and shut down leave overnight, this will fill filter and cylinders of oil, if the stick is clear should be good to go

[email protected]

This oil in the picture looks like water contamination. Flush the whole system. Or fill a clear bottle and ask a pro to anylize it. If you bought this new ask them. If it is water and only 300 hours where is that coming from. Is there any warranty with this machine or is it used little. Model year? Engine type Gas, air cooled or diesel?

laurencen

only way to tell quickly drain some or syphon thro the fill end, leave it sit, if its water you will se it at the bottom air will come out leaving oil at the bottom as it separates, if it was water should have shown up way sooner Im assuming the OP has used this machine for some time no issues it started after adding fresh oil.

[email protected]

You are correct. That is one sure way to see. Water is heavier than oil. I would rather do a complete flush with tank, Cylinders, filter and so on. Oil does not have that creamy look nor does it show bubbles of air. If the system is not contaminated. Just my Opinion. How all that water entered that system is another concern.

laurencen

seen both warer and air in a hydraulic system, if you have owned the machine for some time no issues then suddenly the oil is full of bubbles its likely air, water has to be added and ends up creamy, pull a sample out in a jar and let it sit, air will seperate to the top where water will settle on the bottom

if you added oil because the level was low my guess is air but its possible the oil you added had water at the botton of the pail