S185 fuel shut off code

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rentall

One of my bobcats was out on rent and died on the customer. He told me that it had a code 14-2 which comes up as a fuel shut off fault. Just to get him going for the snow (or lack off) we replaced the fuel shut off solenoid and the relay. Customer says that this machine died on him again and gave the same fault. We exhanged the bobcat with him and have been trying to replicate the fault but can not get it to die. Any ideas on what is going on here?

OldMachinist

My list say 14-2 is Fuel solenoid pull coil error on and since you've tried a new solenoid I'd look for a corroded terminal or a wire about to pull out of a terminal making intermittant connection. I had that happen on mine. A wire on the shut down relay was loose inside the plastic connector and my machine wouldn't shut down with reaching around and pulling the linkage.

lesgawlik

My list say 14-2 is Fuel solenoid pull coil error on and since you've tried a new solenoid I'd look for a corroded terminal or a wire about to pull out of a terminal making intermittant connection. I had that happen on mine. A wire on the shut down relay was loose inside the plastic connector and my machine wouldn't shut down with reaching around and pulling the linkage.
Just a side note, I posted a link to the Bobcat codes under the Compact Track Loader section.