Refurbishing a skidsteer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Delly

I'm located in nj, is there anybody that refurbishes these skidsteer s? New paint,hydro lines, etc? Thx guys

jerry

I would guess you could find someone under heavy equipment in the yellow pages or ask around in the industrial section of town. Your dealer for the machine would know also. I would imagine the cost would be high because of labor but new ones aren't cheap either.

nflodge

I would guess you could find someone under heavy equipment in the yellow pages or ask around in the industrial section of town. Your dealer for the machine would know also. I would imagine the cost would be high because of labor but new ones aren't cheap either.
Sorry to diverge from the original topic. What brand of backhoe do you have on your LX665 Jerry? Did you have to make adapters or fabricate any special parts to make it fit?

jerry

Sorry to diverge from the original topic. What brand of backhoe do you have on your LX665 Jerry? Did you have to make adapters or fabricate any special parts to make it fit?
It is a case d100 backhoe, pretty old, has 4 levers but it was cheap and I couldn't justify a new one.
It had a standard attachment plate on it when I got it and I adapted it to use 2 3pt hitch upper links that went to the frame on my 632. When I adapted it to the New holland I put a angle iron 1/2 inch thick and 4 inch wide across in front of the door sill. There are a half dozen bolts there it is bolted to. On the angle I mounted a 2 inch trailer ball and put a hitch on the backhoe. If I redo it , which I should, I will use a cat 2 upper link and just use one in the center. The ball hitch works fine but it is sometimes a little fussy to get it just right when lifting it off. If you look at the bradco site or even new holland you will see that they use a much different mount but mine has worked ok so far. Look in the media section here and there are several homemade mounting ideas. With time and a welder almost any backhoe can be fitted to a skidsteer as long as it is not too heavy for it.

jerry

It is a case d100 backhoe, pretty old, has 4 levers but it was cheap and I couldn't justify a new one.
It had a standard attachment plate on it when I got it and I adapted it to use 2 3pt hitch upper links that went to the frame on my 632. When I adapted it to the New holland I put a angle iron 1/2 inch thick and 4 inch wide across in front of the door sill. There are a half dozen bolts there it is bolted to. On the angle I mounted a 2 inch trailer ball and put a hitch on the backhoe. If I redo it , which I should, I will use a cat 2 upper link and just use one in the center. The ball hitch works fine but it is sometimes a little fussy to get it just right when lifting it off. If you look at the bradco site or even new holland you will see that they use a much different mount but mine has worked ok so far. Look in the media section here and there are several homemade mounting ideas. With time and a welder almost any backhoe can be fitted to a skidsteer as long as it is not too heavy for it.
I did have a picture of a hoe on a john deere that looked like a good system but can't find it now.

jerry

nflodge, how do you like your snowblower? Did you buy it new? Does it have the remote control pad so all you have to do is supply 12v? I have a plow now but its hard to beat a blower doing a nice job.

nflodge

nflodge, how do you like your snowblower? Did you buy it new? Does it have the remote control pad so all you have to do is supply 12v? I have a plow now but its hard to beat a blower doing a nice job.
I live up in the Adirondack mountains of Northern New York (the empire state of taxes) on a road that isn't plowed by the town (see what I get for all those taxes?) and we get lots of lake effect snow from Lake Ontario. One of the old timers there recommended I go with a blower because you quickly run out of room to push the snow when it comes in heavy. All complaints aside, summers and fall, and the fishing and hunting are just great. Anyway, I have the Quickattach 61" snowblower that runs with 15 to 25 GPM flow rates. It came used with the machine when I bought it along with my other attachments. It was municipally owned so it got pretty good maintenance and is in great shape. It does have the remote control with 4 buttons for chute control (left, right, up and down) and I normally run it at standard flow 15 GPM for snow depth up to 12 inches but found that higher flow at 24 GPM is best for heavy and deeper snow if you want to move right along. You just have to watch your hydraulic oil temperature when you're really pushing it. It's a rugged unit that I've only had to repair once. One of the remote control solenoids for chute control burned out but I called Quickattach and was able to order the part over the phone and had it in 3 days. Great customer service. Since the drive for the auger and fan are hydraulically driven there are no shear pins or chains to break. It has a pressure relief valve that replaces all of that. The cutting edge is bolt-on replaceable. There are probably better blowers out there but I'm pretty happy with this one.