Rarepartbuilder's ASV RC60 refurb and modification thread

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jan 16 24'

HI Folks

Not sure if there is any interest.. but i will post up a few links .. and eventually pictures in this thread of the ASV carnage that happens on my end ...
If folks can chime in on what is posted that's great.

Disclaimer:. at the end of the day this thread is for your entertainment value and nothing i do or say goes beyond what i show case... should you go forward with something similar based on my content.. there are l lots of engineers that would either approve or dismiss the non OEM entertainment information in this thread... your personal safety is # 1 always get professional advice.;)

Whew.,. ok...

I am mired in ASV 60 OEM track wheel repairs right now and will follow up with pictures to show how i machined off the frame side of all the wheels to release the rusted in cir-clips from the wheels. The follow up repair will also be used to refurb wheels that actually fall off the machine in use once the wheel wears down to the circlip which does and will happen. At $100 a pop for aftermarket i am keen to salvage these units in the off season.. but more about that later.

While the above wheel repair is happening i am ordering an after market mating 8 pin plug that will plug into the OEM connector on the ASV 60 machine that will allow me to joy stick control auxiliary cylinders for a hinged arm grapple for use with forks and eventually a rotator and log grapple.

This is the plug i just ordered and pins that will plug into the ASV female plug already on the machine.:

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/te-connectivity-deutsch-ict-connectors/HD36-18-8PN/6600329

The solid pins to install in the new plug to receive wires

I plan on using SAE connectors { down stream from this ASV aux hydraulic plug } to run hydraulic solenoids. I will likely use something like this if i make a small housing to hold the plug..

lastly... the pin out chart for the oem 8 pin ASV plug it is in an attachment.. not sure where it will show case in the thread

Attachments

• ASV 8 pin chart.jpg
    ASV 8 pin chart.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Latest posts