ASV RC60 stops driving when pushing too hard

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hampy123

I have an RC60 I just picked up a few months ago that stops driving if you push into something too hard....like loading a really heavy pile or trying to clear brush. I can get the machine to drive again if I shut it off then turn it back on. Most normal work it seems OK and it only happens on a hard push.
I am wondering if it could have anything to do with the Posi Power relief valve? Not sure exactly how they work or if there is any adjustment you can do to them for this model. I see them listed on Track Loader Parts for $2600 so its not exactly I part I want to just "try" and swap to see if it works.

This is my first post so any help would be appreciated!

brdgbldr

I have an RC60 I just picked up a few months ago that stops driving if you push into something too hard....like loading a really heavy pile or trying to clear brush. I can get the machine to drive again if I shut it off then turn it back on. Most normal work it seems OK and it only happens on a hard push.
I am wondering if it could have anything to do with the Posi Power relief valve? Not sure exactly how they work or if there is any adjustment you can do to them for this model. I see them listed on Track Loader Parts for $2600 so its not exactly I part I want to just "try" and swap to see if it works.

This is my first post so any help would be appreciated!
Try calling Loader Parts Source, they may be able to help diagnose the problem so you don't waste parts and money. In the past they have always been very helpful.

I wonder if there is a connection between the temperature the machine is running at when this happens ? { as in the same load on the drive when just starting a work day this same problem would not happen with thicker oil still circulating in the drive lines} . If the hydraulic fluid was low would stopping allow the reservoir to fill up enough to resume the work and make the problem disappear?
I think i will follow this thread in case there is some adjustment or trouble shooting to that relief valve as $2600 is a lot of hamburger money.

haymaker

Yes checking fluid levels and for any leaks would be a place to start if not already done. Also if viscosity of the fluid and age of fluid was known could point to an issue during changing season.

Latest posts