Priming the hydrostatic system?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rankarmature

finished rebuilding Perkins in my 825. Machine has sat with a thrown rod for 12 years! all new fluids, filters, adjusted drive chains, cleaned and lubed linkages, had injection pump tested. ready for first start. is the hydrostatic system self-priming? I tried searching for it but no joy. Thx.

antfarmer2

My 743 self bleeds your should but will wait for some one to be sure if you do try it turn the key to the on pos and find your hydro warning light or what ever it has and when it starts make sure it goes out do not run dry!

Tazza

Staff member
My 743 self bleeds your should but will wait for some one to be sure if you do try it turn the key to the on pos and find your hydro warning light or what ever it has and when it starts make sure it goes out do not run dry!
There is no reason why there shouldn't be oil in the system still, but if you are really concerned you can try jacking the lift arms up a little after removing the front pin, get a helper to operate the lift pedal. While holding their heel on the lift pedal, pull the lift ram sticks out, this will draw fluid in through the pumps.
When you are happy the fluid is in there, start it up and see what it does. If you are really worried, keep the fuel off and crank it and see if you can get the arms lift up.