magneto on Kohler motors

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

theilen

Anyone know anywhere that rebuilds or sells rebuilt or new magnetos for Kohler two cylinder engine on the Melroe Bobcat Thanks

foton

I think the cover of the mag. has the manf.s name on it , so a search of that name might turn up something, years ago I had to buy a new mag. for a wisconsin , buying new old stock was cheaper than a rebuild if I remember right if you can find a match. powered coil might be your answer if the mags. coil is bad but all else is good. good luck

foton

I just remembered, two popular mag. manf. are wico and fairbanks-morse. there could be others of course.

OP
OP
T

theilen

Anyone know anywhere that rebuilds or sells rebuilt or new magnetos for Kohler two cylinder engine on the Melroe Bobcat Thanks
Thanks WICO MODEL X SPEC/XH-24850 SERI 2-26972 Found rebuilder in Chicago. Had someone say you can replace Mag with a distributer on these ? Anyone

foton

that was a option on some I think , if the engine was meant for hand starting a mag. was used if the engine was set up for electric start so it has a battery the dist. was used. Some of these are what is called waste spark where both cylinders fire at the same time on every stroke , so one cylinder fires and makes power the other gets spark but there is no compression or fuel charge to light off ,so that is waste spark.

Latest posts