Power Bobtach

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

reed2022

I know this subject has be discuss on several occasions on this form. I saw the post Trihome post a few years ago. I just have one question does any one know what the amount of thrus/power the 12vdc 12" acturator has to have to open and close the latches? Thanks br

Bobcatdan

I can't answer your question, but what I do know is any factory electrical quick tach from any of the manufacturer using them are wired pretty heavy. I want to say Deere uses battery cables to run theirs. So my guess is there is a lot of umff in their system. Granted when they design power quick tachs, they never make a back up way to manually release them.

SkidRoe

I am thinking that you would want to use a 500lb actuator. Not that it takes 500 lbs to actuate it, but once in a while, the pins get wedged into the attachment, and take some grunt to get them out.
FWIW - SR

SkidRoe

OP
OP
R

reed2022

Here is a link to the original post:
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=22705
He mentions both a 250lb and a 500lb actuator being used.
HTH - SR
Thanks I've seen that post great information, I'll wire the switch through a relay so it should not take as large wire.

TriHonu

Thanks I've seen that post great information, I'll wire the switch through a relay so it should not take as large wire.
On the two installations I did, we used 12g stranded wire. No relays requited.
The actuators that I used only drew 10A and 14A at max load. At 12v you don't need huge wires.
For 20A@12V you can safely run 20 feet on 12g wire.

TriHonu

On the two installations I did, we used 12g stranded wire. No relays requited.
The actuators that I used only drew 10A and 14A at max load. At 12v you don't need huge wires.
For 20A@12V you can safely run 20 feet on 12g wire.
Correction - I used 14g not 12g. Have not had any issues on either installation.

OP
OP
R

reed2022

Correction - I used 14g not 12g. Have not had any issues on either installation.
Thanks TriHonu this is great information. I have found a acturator on EBay that will work. Would by chance have the part number for the two pieces that you bought from Bobcat. I'm starting to gather parts now for summer build. Br

TriHonu

Thanks TriHonu this is great information. I have found a acturator on EBay that will work. Would by chance have the part number for the two pieces that you bought from Bobcat. I'm starting to gather parts now for summer build. Br
&nbsp
According to Bobcat Parts Online (requires Internet Explorer)
The short pin part that came on my machine is
6704240 - PIVOT ASSY. 0.75'' long pin
The part with the longer pin is:
6731119 - PIVOT, WEDGE 1.95'' (49,53 mm) long pin - in kit - Was 6714576