Please help, last resort!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
J

jcowling

Did you clean the air filter housing and put a new filter in? Most of the guys here will have seen your posts on the other forum. The one that said they found a 1/4 inch of dirt in the air filter housing was one of the most telling. Dust will kill a engine quick. The compression test should show if it has.
I saw a set of compression adapters recently that were fairly cheap, I think it was on Harbor freight.
You may have to use compatibility view to get the posts to work right, I have to.
I will be getting the compression tester and giving it a shot. Thanks for that manual data, got it. It doesn't show any parts breakdown that may show what switches go where, but it did confirm I have a single glowplug in the intake side. I think I'll do the compression test, try the marvel oil deal, clean everything up in the intake...then do the compression test again. If it's bad, I'll start by taking off the head and seeing how it all looks. This should just be a single camshaft right? Just wondering about the timing. I've only taken off DOHC's and dirtbike stuff to shim valves and what not...

OldMachinist

I will be getting the compression tester and giving it a shot. Thanks for that manual data, got it. It doesn't show any parts breakdown that may show what switches go where, but it did confirm I have a single glowplug in the intake side. I think I'll do the compression test, try the marvel oil deal, clean everything up in the intake...then do the compression test again. If it's bad, I'll start by taking off the head and seeing how it all looks. This should just be a single camshaft right? Just wondering about the timing. I've only taken off DOHC's and dirtbike stuff to shim valves and what not...
On the Duetz engine white smoke can be caused by the PCV module being clogged. The PCV module has a ball in it that can get stuck and cause the pressure in the crankcase.

antfarmer2

On the Duetz engine white smoke can be caused by the PCV module being clogged. The PCV module has a ball in it that can get stuck and cause the pressure in the crankcase.
Since you found your glow plug put a test light on it and find out what makes it work might be that toggel switch.........I like OM's thought

OP
OP
J

jcowling

Since you found your glow plug put a test light on it and find out what makes it work might be that toggel switch.........I like OM's thought
My machine is still at the shop and they're closed onthe weekend...crappy. I'd be elbows deep in it right now. Either way, I'll get it tomorrow and start looking at it. OM, if you are right...I'll pay for your ticket out here...and take you offshore fishing on my boat, all expense paid. If you're not...thanks anyways haha. Once I get it back, I'll be going into all the ideas you guys have had. Thanks to all of you...a huge help. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping for the best.

antfarmer2

My machine is still at the shop and they're closed onthe weekend...crappy. I'd be elbows deep in it right now. Either way, I'll get it tomorrow and start looking at it. OM, if you are right...I'll pay for your ticket out here...and take you offshore fishing on my boat, all expense paid. If you're not...thanks anyways haha. Once I get it back, I'll be going into all the ideas you guys have had. Thanks to all of you...a huge help. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping for the best.
Wish you luck ......what coast are you at?

antfarmer2

sorry to hear that....wish I could...you take payments...I'll strike a deal. Maybe something I could rent out
I am renting it out I am to far away and can't leave the wife with a good down I could carry a note it is paid off wanted to retire there but not going to happen

OP
OP
J

jcowling

Will do give me a day or two to find some pic's
Hi guys, so I got the machine back. Found the glow plug, it is that toggle switch to the left that works it! Sweet. Haven't ran the compression test yet, I bought a kit…just figured I'd try the marvel oil first and check…so it's in there now…giving it a day to soak. I checked the air filter and hose leading to turbo, clean. The tubo spins freely, no slop in it. I was going to take off the intake manifold but the bottom bolts are a pain…so I'll wait until I try the compression test and stuff first. I really hope it helps, probably not the "cure" it's going to need. ONe question. That line in the pics…red clamped piece, runs up to another type of block. Is my PCV valve in there? Thanks guys. One more, sorry haha. How do I disconnect that fuel shutoff solenoid? Screw in the end of it comes out and pulls off? Thanks again. photo bobcat8.jpg
 photo bobcat9.jpg
 photo bobcat10.jpg<a

antfarmer2

Hi guys, so I got the machine back. Found the glow plug, it is that toggle switch to the left that works it! Sweet. Haven't ran the compression test yet, I bought a kit…just figured I'd try the marvel oil first and check…so it's in there now…giving it a day to soak. I checked the air filter and hose leading to turbo, clean. The tubo spins freely, no slop in it. I was going to take off the intake manifold but the bottom bolts are a pain…so I'll wait until I try the compression test and stuff first. I really hope it helps, probably not the "cure" it's going to need. ONe question. That line in the pics…red clamped piece, runs up to another type of block. Is my PCV valve in there? Thanks guys. One more, sorry haha. How do I disconnect that fuel shutoff solenoid? Screw in the end of it comes out and pulls off? Thanks again.

<a
Make sure you spin the engine to get the oil out no hydro locking

OldMachinist

Hi guys, so I got the machine back. Found the glow plug, it is that toggle switch to the left that works it! Sweet. Haven't ran the compression test yet, I bought a kit…just figured I'd try the marvel oil first and check…so it's in there now…giving it a day to soak. I checked the air filter and hose leading to turbo, clean. The tubo spins freely, no slop in it. I was going to take off the intake manifold but the bottom bolts are a pain…so I'll wait until I try the compression test and stuff first. I really hope it helps, probably not the "cure" it's going to need. ONe question. That line in the pics…red clamped piece, runs up to another type of block. Is my PCV valve in there? Thanks guys. One more, sorry haha. How do I disconnect that fuel shutoff solenoid? Screw in the end of it comes out and pulls off? Thanks again.

<a
That aluminum block is the PCV module. Take it off, rotate it and see if you can hear the ball moving. Bobcat doesn't recommend taking it apart and cleaning, they want you to replace with a new one. I remember another member here saying they took theirs apart and cleaned it with no problems.

OP
OP
J

jcowling

That aluminum block is the PCV module. Take it off, rotate it and see if you can hear the ball moving. Bobcat doesn't recommend taking it apart and cleaning, they want you to replace with a new one. I remember another member here saying they took theirs apart and cleaned it with no problems.
sounds good. Thanks guys. Here I go!