Novice ASV SR-80 Owner/Operator with Start-Up Issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TobiWan

Please be kind and patient with me. I am a new owner of a 2013 ASV SR-80. I may have 4 hours on it and have operated it twice, once to take it off the trailer.

I have successfully started it those times, albeit having to remember the joysticks needing to be exactly in Neutral, but had no issues getting it started and operating. Then a month or so went by before I was able to get back to it, but now I cannot get it to start. All switches (i.e. Quick Release in Lock and both Low Flow and High Flow hydraulic switches off) are in the Pre-Startup positions and joysticks in Neutral. I have power to the lights, gauges, and backup camera. Fans and pumps are on with key engaged, as wel as gauges reading as the should. I have warmed glow plugs and go to start, but then nothing. Silence. Spent an hour or so going through meticulously on joystick and switch positions with the same results. Tested battery, as it was older, and it was good but a little weak. Decided to replace better to be safe. Installed new batter and spent time again meticulously going through Start-Up procedure to only have the same results of power to everything but nothing at all when I go to turn over and start.

Owner's manual is useless, having only the same info for Pre-Startup and Start-Up as the cab placards on the pillar. I know that I am doing what I did successfully initially but everything indicates that there is some permissive that I am missing to allow it to turnover. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

foton

to double check your idea that there is a safty switch that is causing it not to turn over, place everything in the run position and have another person jump the starter , or use a voltmeter to see if the output side of relays or solenoid is getting power when keyswitch goes to start postion.

OP
OP
T

TobiWan

to double check your idea that there is a safty switch that is causing it not to turn over, place everything in the run position and have another person jump the starter , or use a voltmeter to see if the output side of relays or solenoid is getting power when keyswitch goes to start postion.
Thank you. Did not think of jumping the starter solenoid. Have not done that in a long while and it being different than my old truck it did not occur to me to try that.

MX727

Definitely check fuses.

Also, is there a kill switch that prevents the machine from starting? Most equipment has a switch you can turn to the off position that prevents the machine from starting. Generally it is a red rocker switch in a somewhat inconspicuous location.

Latest posts