New to skidsteers

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kdpearson

Hi, I just picked up my first skidsteer. It is a project at.this point. It starts and runs good. The problem is the input gearbox to the hydraulic pumps acts like it has a stripped gear. The unit is a Hydra mac 12c. It appears to be very well engineered. The final drives are all gear driven (no chains) and it is fully hydrostatic drive. I'm told this is an early version as it has a Ford industrial four cylinder motor for a power plant. I am looking for a shop manual for this unit. Anyone have a manual they'd be willing to part with or share? Or a parts breakout of the hydraulic gear box? I went to the Case International website and looked up the International 4140 but the gear box is different and they don't list the Ford engine. Apparently mine was built before they were built for International. Any information you have on this unit would be greatly appreciated. Ken

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know this machine, but it's not un common for the input shaft splines to strip out. I assume you can't get access to see if it indeed is not spinning when the engine is running?
Hopefully it's not too hard to pull the motor and pump so you can check for sure.