New member with a JD 270 skid steer brake lock problem.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DreadedHomeOwner

The electric brake lock on my 270 started to act up by coming on by itself. I got away with cycling the park switch a few times but now it's totally non-functional and I can't move the machine or run any hydraulics. The seat belt light is also on. I've jumped out both the seat belt switch and the seat switch and replaced the fuse but still can't get the light to go off or the brakes to disengage. I've tested all switches and they are all good. Hydraulic magnetic coil is new. Hopefully someone here has seen this before. Thanks

srxvmaxsx

the same thing happend to my 240, turned out to be my fuse box. previous owner wired in newer lights that were higher watts. melted fuse panel.

OP
OP
D

DreadedHomeOwner

Same thing happened to my 270. Had to replace the gauge cluster/instrument panel. Good luck !
You are right. It was in the cluster. I was able to add a ground and get the locks to work again. They wanted like 1K for a new cluster and harness. Still have issues with the cluster but none that affect running the machine. If I could find an affordable replacement cluster I would fix it right.

geno marino

Hello,i have a 2005 johndeere 250 ,the seatbelt light is on and the parking brake light is on constently,it got cold the other night .when i parked it it was fine ,it starts ,and moves with parking break buton on.what is it?