New Holland Lx885 Skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wclark160

I have just bought a NH Lx885 1999 model. When I went to buy from the individual, He told me it had appx. 1500 hours on it. When I was checking the machine out (amateur might I add) It read 1510. I have now learned more about the machine and realized that me and the owner were looking at the Engine RPM readout. The machine shows 455.1 hours on the hour meter. My question is, do NH's read 9999.9 when pegged out, or do they roll over and start again at zero. The individual used this machine when he did concrete work. He swears that there is only 1500 hours on it but the meter shows different. I would like to believe that the machine only has 455 hours on it of course but do not know for sure. The machine is good and tight. all components work fine, and the tires are about 60%. The engine fires right up on first try. If this thing has >10000 hours on it, what would be the symptoms of a 10000 hr machine. The machine looks great and runs great. Is it possible that I got a machine with lower hours than expected? I only hope! Anyways, thanks in advance for any help in this matter!

Tazza

Staff member
If it had 10,000 hours it would be in its second or third engine! and be very worn. The hours may be genuine.
Especially the digital read outs, they are hard to by-pass.

Earthwerks Unlimited

If it had 10,000 hours it would be in its second or third engine! and be very worn. The hours may be genuine.
Sounds like you got a steal. I have 800 (hours not RPM tehehehe) on my '05 LS185.b. The pins were worn at about 300 and still have not been replaced. The instrument panel could have been replaced though, just like anything else.

skidsteer.ca

Sounds like you got a steal. I have 800 (hours not RPM tehehehe) on my '05 LS185.b. The pins were worn at about 300 and still have not been replaced. The instrument panel could have been replaced though, just like anything else.
If it had 10 k plus hrs there would not be a tight pin left in it. In fact it would have worn out more then a set of pins to.
Ken

hlw

Just got the EIC replaced on mine so I have 0 hours again