Neutralizer problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hazard 72

I have a L 553 with neutralizer problems. I tried adjusting the control levers according to the service manual. Removed the end play on both neutralizers-no problem. Loosened retaining bolts(rear end on the right one-front end on the left one) Wheels were creeping rearward. Could not make any adjustment. I tightened the bolts back up. Didn't seem to be any slots there. The front bracket on the left neutralizer under the seat is slotted. I adjusted it there and it worked fine. Adjusted the left neutralizer with the end play bolts. Got the wheels to stop creeping. However the levers need a little help returning to the neutral position. seems the springs are a little weak. Is time to rebuild the neutralizers and do I replace the shock absorbers also. Any help would be appreciated

elmouca

Check to see if the pump arm moves freely after it is disconnected from the linkage. If it moves freely, check to see if the control lever moves freely with it disconnected from the pump arm. If both move freely, it sounds like an adjustment issue of the neutralizer or some type of binding of the mechanism, e.g. bearings seized. On another note, I'm working on an LX565 with a neutralizer problem. I found the entire neutralizer assembly missing!!

OP
OP
H

Hazard 72

Check to see if the pump arm moves freely after it is disconnected from the linkage. If it moves freely, check to see if the control lever moves freely with it disconnected from the pump arm. If both move freely, it sounds like an adjustment issue of the neutralizer or some type of binding of the mechanism, e.g. bearings seized. On another note, I'm working on an LX565 with a neutralizer problem. I found the entire neutralizer assembly missing!!
My neutralizers look a lot different than the parts diagram. I removed both assemblies. Who ever worked on this machine before left the flat washers out by the adjusting slots causing a bind and preventing adjustment. The assemblies which were made in Brazil are no longer available. I cannot get to the snap rings to disassemble the units due to the piston rod seal. I sprayed both units the best I could with sea foam until no more gunk came out. Put washers where they belong and no more binding. Have to do final. Adjustments. Need a few days off but let you know what happens. Thanks for your reply.