Need 743 Parts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dieselmadman

Hi everyone, First time on the site. Seems very helpful. Anyway, I purchased what I think is a Bobcat 743 skidder. Not sure of the year, and even not really sure it is a 743, but I know it has the V-1702 Kubota engine which the 743 came with and on the engine compartment door it lists 3 models from the 743 -751. Anyway, it needs some serious work and I could use some parts. Too numerous to name them all, but a seat, safety bar, tires, exhaust pipe, door to name just a few. I am guessing at least some of these parts are interchangable with other Bobcat models, just not exactly sure which ones. Is there anyone out there breaking up a Bobcat and have parts or does anyone know a website that deals in salvage Bobcat parts? Would a dealer carry something like a safety bar or exhaust pipe for an older unit like this? Thanks, in advance.

Tazza

Staff member
The dealer will have pretty much all of them, but at a cost. I sure you didn't pay too much for the machine. You need a lot of bits it seems...

cnord

Hi dieselmadman, Sounds like you have some work to do. My name is Chris and I work at Loader Parts Source Inc. We offer a wide variety of parts for skid steers. At the moment we focus mainly on Undercarriage, Tracks, Drive Pumps, Drive Motors, Starters, Alternators, Radiators, etc. One thing that you mentioned that we do have is a seat. We offer three different seats for Bobcats. I myself like the high back seat that we offer. http://www.loaderpartssource.com/bucket-seat-for-bobcat-1.html If you get digging into your machine a little more and find that you need anything else. Check with our site first before you go to Bobcat. Hopefully we can save you a little money with your project.

OP
OP
D

dieselmadman

Hi dieselmadman, Sounds like you have some work to do. My name is Chris and I work at Loader Parts Source Inc. We offer a wide variety of parts for skid steers. At the moment we focus mainly on Undercarriage, Tracks, Drive Pumps, Drive Motors, Starters, Alternators, Radiators, etc. One thing that you mentioned that we do have is a seat. We offer three different seats for Bobcats. I myself like the high back seat that we offer. http://www.loaderpartssource.com/bucket-seat-for-bobcat-1.html If you get digging into your machine a little more and find that you need anything else. Check with our site first before you go to Bobcat. Hopefully we can save you a little money with your project.
Thanks, for the replies. Cnord, prices I am getting from the dealer are high. for example, a safety bar is going to cost $160 and the exhaust pipe from the manifold is about $140. Tires are running about $125 each. If you can do better than that on at least this stuff, I am all ears...thanks.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks, for the replies. Cnord, prices I am getting from the dealer are high. for example, a safety bar is going to cost $160 and the exhaust pipe from the manifold is about $140. Tires are running about $125 each. If you can do better than that on at least this stuff, I am all ears...thanks.
Dieselmadman - look up my profile and send me an email, i may know someone that can help with the tyres plus other parts you may require.
Just how bad is the exhaust pipe? i had one with holes in it, i managed to silver solder them up, works a treat.

OP
OP
D

dieselmadman

Dieselmadman - look up my profile and send me an email, i may know someone that can help with the tyres plus other parts you may require.
Just how bad is the exhaust pipe? i had one with holes in it, i managed to silver solder them up, works a treat.
Tazz, I will send you an email after this post. The exhaust pipe is missing the end piece. I have the short 90 degree pipe that comes off the manifold and then connects to a flex pipe. At the end of the flex pipe I assume should be some sort of 90 degree pipe to head up through the hole. That is the piece I am missing. It looks like the flange is there where the pipe used to be, but it just ends with the flex. I bet I could bring it down to a muffler shop and have them rig something. Also, when it comes up through the hole, is there a bend in the pipe again so that water doesn't get in. It is strange, but I have a screen that covers the back including the hole where the exhaust pipe looks like it is supposed to come through, but there is no hole in the screen to let the pipe pass through it too. Does the end of the pipe stay under the screen, and if so, does it have another bend for the water issue? Not sure about the stuff, trying to look at pictures of other ones. Thanks.

OP
OP
D

dieselmadman

Tazz, I will send you an email after this post. The exhaust pipe is missing the end piece. I have the short 90 degree pipe that comes off the manifold and then connects to a flex pipe. At the end of the flex pipe I assume should be some sort of 90 degree pipe to head up through the hole. That is the piece I am missing. It looks like the flange is there where the pipe used to be, but it just ends with the flex. I bet I could bring it down to a muffler shop and have them rig something. Also, when it comes up through the hole, is there a bend in the pipe again so that water doesn't get in. It is strange, but I have a screen that covers the back including the hole where the exhaust pipe looks like it is supposed to come through, but there is no hole in the screen to let the pipe pass through it too. Does the end of the pipe stay under the screen, and if so, does it have another bend for the water issue? Not sure about the stuff, trying to look at pictures of other ones. Thanks.
Check that, I just saw a picture of the rear of a 743 and it does have a pipe coming out of the screen on the right side as you are staring at the back of it. I do have a hole in my screen at that same spot, but the hole where the pipe comes out of the engine compartment is on the left side. Once it comes through that hole is there another flex pipe or solid pipe that runs across the skidder and come out that hole? Thanks.

OP
OP
D

dieselmadman

Check that, I just saw a picture of the rear of a 743 and it does have a pipe coming out of the screen on the right side as you are staring at the back of it. I do have a hole in my screen at that same spot, but the hole where the pipe comes out of the engine compartment is on the left side. Once it comes through that hole is there another flex pipe or solid pipe that runs across the skidder and come out that hole? Thanks.
Think I am in trouble. I just realized I probably need a muffler and stuff and that is what runs under the screen. This might be big money. I literally just have a 90 off the manifold and then a flex pipe and then nuthin. Am I screwed?

Tazza

Staff member
Think I am in trouble. I just realized I probably need a muffler and stuff and that is what runs under the screen. This might be big money. I literally just have a 90 off the manifold and then a flex pipe and then nuthin. Am I screwed?
Don't be too concerned yet. How about i take a few pictures of mine? it will tell you what is not there. If you need a muffler, you may be able to get hold of something and make it fit.