motorcycle engine repower for my M610

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

buckwill

i saw a suzuki DL1000 engine on ebay, its watercooled, and i was just thing, would this make a good repower for my little 610, its narrow, 1000 CC and electric start, what do yall think?? i csnt seem to find which way the crank turns from the only available turning part, the alternator basket on the end of the crankshaft, does it turn over the top toward the front of the bike or over the top toward the rear wheel, that wrong way would be a deal breaker for this use, in any case what do u guys think of this idea for a bobcat engine, would a opposed piston onan fit in there, i have access to several of them but like the idea of the bike engine, dig deep, whatcha think???, buck

foton

I think briggs makes a 31 hp horz shaft v twin that people have used air cooled, the bike engine I wonder would need a bigger radiator and electric fan than that would come on a bike. it would take more engineering and I wonder if the cam would be all wrong too. red line too high to get power at low rpm's. I would think a fixed speed trans would have to be figured out to match engine rpm and power to ground speed. good luck it would be interesting.

shankatank58

I believe the M444 used an Onan engine That was the predecessor to the M500/M600/M610 Not sure what kind of torque the suzuki makes, but pretty sure the high RPMs would need to be dealt with somehow.