Mertz Boxer TL224 mini aux hyd

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tech.35058

Greetings one & all. I have a 2008? Mertz Boxer TL224 which is kind of a rag, but still works. I also have a hydraulic chainsaw ( no name plate) that was a gift from another mechanic from long ago. I have a project that would probably burn up my shiny farm saw, so I hooked up the hydraulic unit to the boxer. I flushed some nasty looking oil out of it, & got it to turn. I learned the chainsaw is a simple gear motor with an "on-off" spool valve on the inlet port. when I pressure up on the circuit with the saw trigger off, it stalls the engine on the boxer. so now I am looking around for what is supposed to happen, & why it doesn't . ( is my engine so weak it wont pop the relief valve? does this circuit even have a relief valve? ) I have an operators manual & a parts manual, but there is a lot of info that this doesn't cover. any experience to share, or service info will truly be appreciated. ce

flyerdan

It would seem that the saw should have some kind of power beyond valving incorporated into it, or whatever it was hooked up to would be deadheading whenever the saw was idle.
That's not to say that your mini loader shouldn't have a bypass as well, what happens when a lift or tilt cylinder maxes out, does it kill the engine as well, or work as it should?

OP
OP
T

tech.35058

It would seem that the saw should have some kind of power beyond valving incorporated into it, or whatever it was hooked up to would be deadheading whenever the saw was idle.
That's not to say that your mini loader shouldn't have a bypass as well, what happens when a lift or tilt cylinder maxes out, does it kill the engine as well, or work as it should?
Thanks for the reply Dan ... I had to go out & run the machine to be sure I answered correctly. Bottoming the tilt cylinder does lug the machine, probably stall the engine if I held the lever down. If I "heavily" load the trencher or tiller with a root or stump or such the same result. I know I am past due for maintenance, ( my shade tree canopy leaks & it is raining today ) but I was curious if there was a relief valve in place, or if I needed to add one. The saw was donated to a friend for working on a tree trimmers bucket truck, and after laying around his shop for a few years donated to to me, since he recognized me as a pack-rat/hoarder. in the process of freeing it up & flushing it out, I pulled the valve off the motor, verified that it is a simple on/off spool. no diversion to return, so, yes it dead heads at saw trigger off. not working out too well so far. thanks, CE

CharleyB

Greetings one & all. I have a 2008? Mertz Boxer TL224 which is kind of a rag, but still works. I also have a hydraulic chainsaw ( no name plate) that was a gift from another mechanic from long ago. I have a project that would probably burn up my shiny farm saw, so I hooked up the hydraulic unit to the boxer. I flushed some nasty looking oil out of it, & got it to turn. I learned the chainsaw is a simple gear motor with an "on-off" spool valve on the inlet port. when I pressure up on the circuit with the saw trigger off, it stalls the engine on the boxer. so now I am looking around for what is supposed to happen, & why it doesn't . ( is my engine so weak it wont pop the relief valve? does this circuit even have a relief valve? ) I have an operators manual & a parts manual, but there is a lot of info that this doesn't cover. any experience to share, or service info will truly be appreciated. ce
did you figure anything out? I too have an older Mertz boxer-diesel and i tried to attach an auger to the auxillary, the minute I push the aux toggle lever, it bogs/cuts the engine out.. I'm sure its a building of pressure, i can see the hoses move and stiffen just before the motor quits.. is there a relief passage or solenoid not engaging? I hope you got yours figured out..