MD70 auxillary attachment plumbing?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jeffscarstrucks

I have an older MD 70 and suddenly realized that the only plumbed hydraulics on the lift arm are for the high flow attachments. I am trying to decide if I need to make up an adapter hose set to run normal (grapple, etc..) items from the outlets on the control panel or plumb and attach lines out to the arm. I have been focused on the drive line and not given much thought to the operation of the machine during my rehab. Lancem and others that have had these units will probably laugh and know the answer right away so thanks in advance. JEFF P.S. Lancem, I wish I was there for your tour of ASV and your account of their hospitality confirms my continued appreciation of the first class help and treatment I recieved during many calls to the service department at the factory. JEFF

Tazza

Staff member
You mention its plumbed for Hi Flow, yo just mean it has 3 couplers? 2 large and one small? If your machine doesn't provide Hi Flow at all times you just hook into the 2 large couplers. Most machines will allow you to turn it on and off to prevent you wasting fuel pumping more oil than is required.

OP
OP
Jeffscarstrucks

Jeffscarstrucks

You mention its plumbed for Hi Flow, yo just mean it has 3 couplers? 2 large and one small? If your machine doesn't provide Hi Flow at all times you just hook into the 2 large couplers. Most machines will allow you to turn it on and off to prevent you wasting fuel pumping more oil than is required.
Hi, It has the two large high flow couplers on the lift arm and the smaller in and out for standard flow on the right side operator console, at your right knee. these machines also had a 3-point hook up as an option and you could reverse the drivers position for use as an ag tarctor (popular in vinyards) so I think that is the reason for the hyd configuration. The standard outlets are variable flow both directions with float also so it will do fine (I think) on a normall Bobcat attachment. I am trying to figure a good way to configure the hoses, Make up hard lines on the arm or use flex from the existing outlets. The High flow is controlled from a seperate valve and is just in or out; or it runs the 540 PTO in the other end of its travel. Thanks for replying and I look forward to reading your other posts when I have a chance to spend some time on the computer. JEFF

lancem

Hi, It has the two large high flow couplers on the lift arm and the smaller in and out for standard flow on the right side operator console, at your right knee. these machines also had a 3-point hook up as an option and you could reverse the drivers position for use as an ag tarctor (popular in vinyards) so I think that is the reason for the hyd configuration. The standard outlets are variable flow both directions with float also so it will do fine (I think) on a normall Bobcat attachment. I am trying to figure a good way to configure the hoses, Make up hard lines on the arm or use flex from the existing outlets. The High flow is controlled from a seperate valve and is just in or out; or it runs the 540 PTO in the other end of its travel. Thanks for replying and I look forward to reading your other posts when I have a chance to spend some time on the computer. JEFF
hello jeff,sorry ,i have not been on here to much. your question about auv lines for attachments . mine has all the lines in place. two coming out of the consol at the left operators controls,two on the arms for the hi flow, and beside the tubes the supply the bucket are two caped lines. i myself dont use these lines ,my dozer attachment has six of its own lines . on one arm[the right] i have 4 steel lines and on the left arm ,there is two lines. .i dont seeany problem useing flex lines as long as they are tied up well. for your info=i bought tracks from rubbertrax,great people there ,but the tracks were 56lugs and the drive lugs were barn shaped.they did not work,they jumped the sprockets,so i returned them[this is the part were the rubbertrax people were great .no hassels. i bought a st from asv, 55lugs and tent shaped lugs. noooooo problems now . i got this baby running like a pimped out caddy and it is f'n amazing as to how much it will push and how well it is in the snow . .i grab a beer and a puff and im gone for hours doing driveways.some i do just for the fun. if i can help you email me . "lancemorrish at yahoo.ca" (change the at to @) cheers and i hope yours is working well .
**I changed the address to help prevent you getting un-wanted spam. If its a problem let me know and i'll change it back. - Tazza **

OP
OP
Jeffscarstrucks

Jeffscarstrucks

hello jeff,sorry ,i have not been on here to much. your question about auv lines for attachments . mine has all the lines in place. two coming out of the consol at the left operators controls,two on the arms for the hi flow, and beside the tubes the supply the bucket are two caped lines. i myself dont use these lines ,my dozer attachment has six of its own lines . on one arm[the right] i have 4 steel lines and on the left arm ,there is two lines. .i dont seeany problem useing flex lines as long as they are tied up well. for your info=i bought tracks from rubbertrax,great people there ,but the tracks were 56lugs and the drive lugs were barn shaped.they did not work,they jumped the sprockets,so i returned them[this is the part were the rubbertrax people were great .no hassels. i bought a st from asv, 55lugs and tent shaped lugs. noooooo problems now . i got this baby running like a pimped out caddy and it is f'n amazing as to how much it will push and how well it is in the snow . .i grab a beer and a puff and im gone for hours doing driveways.some i do just for the fun. if i can help you email me . "lancemorrish at yahoo.ca" (change the at to @) cheers and i hope yours is working well .
**I changed the address to help prevent you getting un-wanted spam. If its a problem let me know and i'll change it back. - Tazza **
Hi Lance, thanks for writing. I looked at an MD70 that a friend of mine has (bought it at a Ritchie Bros auction much to my surprise) that had the normal Bobcat lo-flow configuration in place as well as the high-flow. I think my unit is just older and was spec'ed out as a base option machine. I might make up a couple of hoses to run off of the console outlets and decide if I really need to plumb the arms later. I am the only one running it and right now attachments are not a real worry. I'm sorry to hear about the track trouble but it is good to deal with a company that makes it right! I am lucky that my tracks are near new.... Did you buy a newer machine after after your ASV visit, I thought you said something about a maybe but I am not sure? And how is the snow up your way,I wish we had a LITTLE bit here. Thanks again, JEFF

OP
OP
Jeffscarstrucks

Jeffscarstrucks

Hi Lance, thanks for writing. I looked at an MD70 that a friend of mine has (bought it at a Ritchie Bros auction much to my surprise) that had the normal Bobcat lo-flow configuration in place as well as the high-flow. I think my unit is just older and was spec'ed out as a base option machine. I might make up a couple of hoses to run off of the console outlets and decide if I really need to plumb the arms later. I am the only one running it and right now attachments are not a real worry. I'm sorry to hear about the track trouble but it is good to deal with a company that makes it right! I am lucky that my tracks are near new.... Did you buy a newer machine after after your ASV visit, I thought you said something about a maybe but I am not sure? And how is the snow up your way,I wish we had a LITTLE bit here. Thanks again, JEFF
Hey, I forgot to mention that I would love to see pics of the dozer and other machine pics if you have 'em. My mail is [email protected]. I have not had much time to use mine as I have to figure out how to re-build a house into what I want....I'd rather play in the dirt! Thanks again, JEFF

lancem

Hey, I forgot to mention that I would love to see pics of the dozer and other machine pics if you have 'em. My mail is [email protected]. I have not had much time to use mine as I have to figure out how to re-build a house into what I want....I'd rather play in the dirt! Thanks again, JEFF
hi jeff , hope all is well. i will sent you a pic or two of the unit on your email . lots of snow here and f'n cold . -25 last night and the old girl worked well. warm it up and off it goes. cheers

Latest posts