M600/VF4D Ballast Resistor part number needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ozzie

I've got an M600 with an original Wisconsin VF4D and an original ballast resistor that needs replacement, the terminals have come loose in the ceramic, and if I hold them just right it runs, but other then that it won't. I know almost nothing about points ignition systems, I'm not sure if this is a 6V or 12V coil, but I highly suspect it's original. I've been through the VF4D service manual and also an M600 owner's manual, and found no mention of the ballast resistor in either. I also called the local Bobcat dealer, and they're currently looking into it, but I suspect they're as stumped as I am. The resistor currently reads 1.6ohms at room temp, but again, I'm not sure if this is what it's supposed to read, or just what it's reading now because it's so old. I'm really hoping someone can give me a part number that I can take down to the local parts store or Bobcat dealer and buy, but any info that gets me further towards a part number or generic replacement would be greatly appreciated!

OldMachinist

My Borg Warner catalog says the part # to use with the 12 volt system is RU12. See note at bottom of chart. You should be able to get one at any real(Napa, Carquest, etc) auto parts store. 1.6 ohms is about right if I remember correctly.
Ign_parts.jpg

OP
OP
O

Ozzie

My Borg Warner catalog says the part # to use with the 12 volt system is RU12. See note at bottom of chart. You should be able to get one at any real(Napa, Carquest, etc) auto parts store. 1.6 ohms is about right if I remember correctly.
Thanks! I've seen where you've posted that pic before, but never noticed the bottom!

Mikefromcny

Thanks! I've seen where you've posted that pic before, but never noticed the bottom!
I got one from napa for my skip loader. Probably not the right one, I told them I needed a 12v one and used what they handed me. Its lasted 4 years so far.

Latest posts