M-Series Stretch Fit Belt Installation

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Timmy853

I have a 2012 T750 (200 hrs.). The air conditioner pulley that is attached to the crankcase pulley broke off. Three bolt heads sheared off and the pulley flew off, luckily there was no damage other than the ac and alternator belts being shredded. The belts are the stretch fit style and do not have a tensioner. I am told that the new belts are undersized but these really seem too small to fit. Anyone have any tips or tricks for getting these installed? The manual says to use the breaker bar for the ac belt and a pry bar for the alternator but there is just no stretch in the belt. It seems that these belts are so tight that it caused the pulley to break free in the first place. These are the right belts from the parts manual and the numbers matched the old ones. Anyone else had this problem?

Fishfiles

Shouldn't your machine be under warranty, have the dealer do it.
A lot of my work is on machines that are under warranty , the waiting list for repairs at the dealer in my area usually runs about two before they even start working on it , a lot of times the machine doesn't run or operate out in the middle of a dirt job where a skid truck can't get to it to load it up to take to the dealer -------- unless it were a major dollar break down I know I would rather pay and go back to work then have to rent a machine for two weeks and get the repairs free ----------------- I just got burned on my Dodge service truck with the warranty , the front wheel bearing assembly went out and I needed towing , called Dodge and they said they would pay the tow and do the repair for $100 deductable , but they didn't have the part in stock and couldn't order it till the truck was disassemblied by them to determine if the part was under warranty so I was looking at 4 days min. without a truck , the part at Dodge was $860 and $299 at O'Rielly's , I was running by lunch the next day , dealer warranty to me is only good if it's major repairs or you have a fleet of equipment with machines sitting idle that can take the place of the one in the shop

Bobcatdan

A lot of my work is on machines that are under warranty , the waiting list for repairs at the dealer in my area usually runs about two before they even start working on it , a lot of times the machine doesn't run or operate out in the middle of a dirt job where a skid truck can't get to it to load it up to take to the dealer -------- unless it were a major dollar break down I know I would rather pay and go back to work then have to rent a machine for two weeks and get the repairs free ----------------- I just got burned on my Dodge service truck with the warranty , the front wheel bearing assembly went out and I needed towing , called Dodge and they said they would pay the tow and do the repair for $100 deductable , but they didn't have the part in stock and couldn't order it till the truck was disassemblied by them to determine if the part was under warranty so I was looking at 4 days min. without a truck , the part at Dodge was $860 and $299 at O'Rielly's , I was running by lunch the next day , dealer warranty to me is only good if it's major repairs or you have a fleet of equipment with machines sitting idle that can take the place of the one in the shop
If a customer calls with a warranty complaint that is putting the machine down, I am sent out right away. Its called customer service.

Tazza

Staff member
And unfortunately dan.....some dealerships have it and some don't.
That is really quite sad. Most places over here are very quick to deal with warranty claims because they don't want the bad press.
It's good to know Dan's dealer actually values customer service, unlike Fishfiles Dodge service centre.... If that was me, they'd loose a customer when the time comes around to buy a new truck!

Fishfiles

If a customer calls with a warranty complaint that is putting the machine down, I am sent out right away. Its called customer service.
I hear you Dan , makes me think of the old Maytag Repairman commercials where the mechanic is sitting around waiting for the phone to ring ---------- but in fairness to our local Bobcat dealer , they do what they can , they have a really first class facility with more than 25 on staff , they were the number one seller of Bobcat in the country for many , many years in a row , seems there are always at least 100 machines waiting in their staging area to be repaired , I'd guess they need 50 mechanics to keep up , there are more Bobcats in the Greater New Orleans area than any where else in the country , I was told that a store in Colorada open three locations which the combined total sales of three stores exceeded the one store by a little bit and they moved to number two , but as far as one store they still exceed every other dealer in sales , parts and repairs -----with kind of volume of machines they could never have same day service ------- Dan , where are you located and how many mechanics at your store

Bobcatdan

I hear you Dan , makes me think of the old Maytag Repairman commercials where the mechanic is sitting around waiting for the phone to ring ---------- but in fairness to our local Bobcat dealer , they do what they can , they have a really first class facility with more than 25 on staff , they were the number one seller of Bobcat in the country for many , many years in a row , seems there are always at least 100 machines waiting in their staging area to be repaired , I'd guess they need 50 mechanics to keep up , there are more Bobcats in the Greater New Orleans area than any where else in the country , I was told that a store in Colorada open three locations which the combined total sales of three stores exceeded the one store by a little bit and they moved to number two , but as far as one store they still exceed every other dealer in sales , parts and repairs -----with kind of volume of machines they could never have same day service ------- Dan , where are you located and how many mechanics at your store
My location ( Appleton, Wi) service department is me and me alone. I am also the road tech for my Green Bay store. On the road I cover from Fond du Lac which is on the southern tip of Lake Winniebago to the UP of Michigain. Not unheard to work 12 hr days plus Sat and 18 hrs when it snows. I won't lie, shop turn around can suck from time to time. They have been looking for more techs for over a year and can't find anybody. Doesn't help every other equipment dealer is also hiring. Green Bay store has 3 techs.

Wayne Johnson

I have a 2012 T750 (200 hrs.). The air conditioner pulley that is attached to the crankcase pulley broke off. Three bolt heads sheared off and the pulley flew off, luckily there was no damage other than the ac and alternator belts being shredded. The belts are the stretch fit style and do not have a tensioner. I am told that the new belts are undersized but these really seem too small to fit. Anyone have any tips or tricks for getting these installed? The manual says to use the breaker bar for the ac belt and a pry bar for the alternator but there is just no stretch in the belt. It seems that these belts are so tight that it caused the pulley to break free in the first place. These are the right belts from the parts manual and the numbers matched the old ones. Anyone else had this problem?
They call for a 50" on alternator
TO TIGHT will destroy your alternator
I found a 52" works perfect.
Theres literally no drage on this belt and at that size belt will not destroy your pulls ,bearing or belts.

mrdeere1959

My location ( Appleton, Wi) service department is me and me alone. I am also the road tech for my Green Bay store. On the road I cover from Fond du Lac which is on the southern tip of Lake Winniebago to the UP of Michigain. Not unheard to work 12 hr days plus Sat and 18 hrs when it snows. I won't lie, shop turn around can suck from time to time. They have been looking for more techs for over a year and can't find anybody. Doesn't help every other equipment dealer is also hiring. Green Bay store has 3 techs.
bobcatdan please email me I have a question for you. thanks