LX865 Skidsteer Question about a dipstick

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

imposiblodds

Hello, I am new here, so I hope I put this question in the correct area. I have a New Holland LX865 Skidsteer, and I have been looking for a service manual for a long time that doesn't cost me 300+ dollars. Unfortunately, I can't find one. Anyway, my question is, under the seat of the skidsteer (liftable seat) there is a dipstick that runs pretty long into it. Can anyone tell me what exactly this dipstick is for? I have been wondering it for awhile now. Appreciate any answers you may have!

OP
OP
I

imposiblodds

The reason I ask this, is there is never anything showing up on the under-seat dipstick. It has got me curious. I snooped around here and found a user that said "I topped off my hydro fluid but the under seat dipstick is saying I'm under the "Minimum", I may have a clogged suction tube..?" Is it the dipstick for hydraulic fluid, I wonder? Because I keep hydraulic fluid in it, you would think it would show on the dipstick. Once again, any answer is well appreciated.

jerry

The reason I ask this, is there is never anything showing up on the under-seat dipstick. It has got me curious. I snooped around here and found a user that said "I topped off my hydro fluid but the under seat dipstick is saying I'm under the "Minimum", I may have a clogged suction tube..?" Is it the dipstick for hydraulic fluid, I wonder? Because I keep hydraulic fluid in it, you would think it would show on the dipstick. Once again, any answer is well appreciated.
messick.com shows a dipstick into the hyd reservoir a few inches from the fill point. Is that the one?

Mike10

The fill point is back by the motor. This dipstick is up under the seat, nowhere near the fill point.
That is the gearbox which drives the hydrostat pumps. There are three gears in the gearbox, one attached to the crankshaft and one each for the hydrostat pumps. You use 80W90 oil in that gearbox. Fill to the upper dipstick mark.

OP
OP
I

imposiblodds

That is the gearbox which drives the hydrostat pumps. There are three gears in the gearbox, one attached to the crankshaft and one each for the hydrostat pumps. You use 80W90 oil in that gearbox. Fill to the upper dipstick mark.
Great! That is a perfect answer! I appreciate it very much. I just have one more. Would you happen to know where the fill point for the hydrostat gearbox is?

Mike10

Great! That is a perfect answer! I appreciate it very much. I just have one more. Would you happen to know where the fill point for the hydrostat gearbox is?
When looking in from the front of the loader, you should see a 3/4" 90 degree street elle, pipe fitting, right above the left, to you, hydrostat pump. It has a plug and a breather in the center of the plug. Remove the plug and add oil through the pipe fitting.

LOTO1953

When looking in from the front of the loader, you should see a 3/4" 90 degree street elle, pipe fitting, right above the left, to you, hydrostat pump. It has a plug and a breather in the center of the plug. Remove the plug and add oil through the pipe fitting.
This thread is back from the dead :). I have a 1996 (I think) L565 and have owned it for a couple of years and no issues so far. I decided to do a complete service and started with draining and opening up the chain cases....ugly mess in there. New Holland could have made it just a little harder to check the gear oil if they tried. My NH doesn't have a dip stick under the seat and I have to remove the hand controls to even get to the elbow.

SvsNik

This thread is back from the dead :). I have a 1996 (I think) L565 and have owned it for a couple of years and no issues so far. I decided to do a complete service and started with draining and opening up the chain cases....ugly mess in there. New Holland could have made it just a little harder to check the gear oil if they tried. My NH doesn't have a dip stick under the seat and I have to remove the hand controls to even get to the elbow.
Hello. How to check the level in the gearbox if there is no dipstick? There is only a drain bolt and a breather! Transmission capacity is 0.95L 80W-90 GL-5? Can I drain the oil and fill in 0.95 liters through the breather? NewHolland LX656. Thanks. Gearbox example

tech.35058

I am not familiar with the lx565, but, isnt that a plug just above the level of the lower shaft on the left of the casing? I would expect that to be the level check plug.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 11-19-08 Used Gear Box Assembly - Left Hand fits New Holland L565 L16...png
    Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 11-19-08 Used Gear Box Assembly - Left Hand fits New Holland L565 L16...png
    184.4 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts