LX865 Help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mrbb

OK I am new to skid steers I picked up a nice lower hr LX865 was working great, till today when its loosing power on the bucket, when you fill bucket and curl bucket back , it doesn't stay there it will slowly lower itself back and dump on you there is NO leaks in any lines or any where just had a 500 hr service (2 hrs ago) at NH dealer what would cause this? what should I check/look for? other wise it runs fine NO smoke or burning oil or coolant levels stay the correct/same any help would be appreciated?

Tazza

Staff member
Does it have a lack of lifting power or is it just that the bucket drops on it's own?
The bucket lowering on it's own could be bad cylinder seals internally, or the nut that holds the piston on the rod could hae come loose.

OP
OP
M

mrbb

Does it have a lack of lifting power or is it just that the bucket drops on it's own?
The bucket lowering on it's own could be bad cylinder seals internally, or the nut that holds the piston on the rod could hae come loose.
thanks, I think its a combo of things, a seal going south on me, and the fact I was moving extremely wet soil that was a LOT heavier than I thought at first ran all day today moving dry material and 2b gravel and worked fine I am guessing maybe I had too much weight in the bucket and it was bleeding down due to excessive weight even if bucket wasn't FULL, what was in it was WAY heavier than expected! Thanks for the reply going to look into finding a shop to do new seals in both, and pin'/bushings/spacers on bucket side too as I don't have means to work on myself! anyone know anyone in NE pa to have do the work? I'm near Hazleton PA(18237)

Tazza

Staff member
thanks, I think its a combo of things, a seal going south on me, and the fact I was moving extremely wet soil that was a LOT heavier than I thought at first ran all day today moving dry material and 2b gravel and worked fine I am guessing maybe I had too much weight in the bucket and it was bleeding down due to excessive weight even if bucket wasn't FULL, what was in it was WAY heavier than expected! Thanks for the reply going to look into finding a shop to do new seals in both, and pin'/bushings/spacers on bucket side too as I don't have means to work on myself! anyone know anyone in NE pa to have do the work? I'm near Hazleton PA(18237)
A hydraulic repair shop should be able to do the seals for you, not sure about the bushings, that may be a metal machine shop's job, but they can do the seals too.
Hopefully you can find someone to to the job at the right price.

mfyock

A hydraulic repair shop should be able to do the seals for you, not sure about the bushings, that may be a metal machine shop's job, but they can do the seals too.
Hopefully you can find someone to to the job at the right price.
I am about 1.5 hr south of you. Look for a company that repairs farm,construction or logging equipment. Any of those guys should be able to fix the pins and bushings. If you don't know anybody, stop in at a local used equipment dealer. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
M

mrbb

I am about 1.5 hr south of you. Look for a company that repairs farm,construction or logging equipment. Any of those guys should be able to fix the pins and bushings. If you don't know anybody, stop in at a local used equipment dealer. They should be able to point you in the right direction.
thanks guys the problem is, I don't live at the property I have the machine at, and to be honest I don't see or know of any used equipment dealers near by I don't have a trailer to move the machine either, and NO garage or building on site to take apart machine in and leave! there is one local NH dealer by me, but to be honest NOT that impressed with there service last time is, for a 500 hr service, I wanted rad drained and flushed, they marked it on paperwork but gave it back and never did it? and there prices were sky high on parts? also while picking it up had to have them re install a side cover that wasn't put back on right?? also had a line pinched in it??? so don't really want to go back there?? as for machine shops? again don't know of any that are near by to ask? was hoping to maybe get a suggestion from someone that lives works in the area I been buying fill of a local excavator company and been asking them and even they say they don't know of anyone?? NOT sure why, been in business a long time one drive said he USED to know a guy, but he retired?? two local farmers I asked, just send there stuff back to JD dealer, an hr south of me? so, was hoping more local due to no trailer to move it with> so, if anyone know's of anyone in the Hazleton PA area please let me know

deaop06

thanks guys the problem is, I don't live at the property I have the machine at, and to be honest I don't see or know of any used equipment dealers near by I don't have a trailer to move the machine either, and NO garage or building on site to take apart machine in and leave! there is one local NH dealer by me, but to be honest NOT that impressed with there service last time is, for a 500 hr service, I wanted rad drained and flushed, they marked it on paperwork but gave it back and never did it? and there prices were sky high on parts? also while picking it up had to have them re install a side cover that wasn't put back on right?? also had a line pinched in it??? so don't really want to go back there?? as for machine shops? again don't know of any that are near by to ask? was hoping to maybe get a suggestion from someone that lives works in the area I been buying fill of a local excavator company and been asking them and even they say they don't know of anyone?? NOT sure why, been in business a long time one drive said he USED to know a guy, but he retired?? two local farmers I asked, just send there stuff back to JD dealer, an hr south of me? so, was hoping more local due to no trailer to move it with> so, if anyone know's of anyone in the Hazleton PA area please let me know
Take the cylinder off and take it to someone that can put new seals in. I used Google and found Northeast Hydraulic 100 Frieda St Scranton, PA. 570-489-8014. 45 min drive for you. Get the part numbers from NH dealer or find them online. Call them and see if they have them in stock. Make an appointment to get it repaired. Should only take them 1 to 2 hr if they have the seals in hand. Cost should be around 150.00. Last one I did was $49.00 but I had it apart and all they did was put in new seals. I put it back together. Good luck Ron

OP
OP
M

mrbb

Take the cylinder off and take it to someone that can put new seals in. I used Google and found Northeast Hydraulic 100 Frieda St Scranton, PA. 570-489-8014. 45 min drive for you. Get the part numbers from NH dealer or find them online. Call them and see if they have them in stock. Make an appointment to get it repaired. Should only take them 1 to 2 hr if they have the seals in hand. Cost should be around 150.00. Last one I did was $49.00 but I had it apart and all they did was put in new seals. I put it back together. Good luck Ron
thanks for the time and effort to find that place, I do get up near scranton once in a while, so I will look into them and see HOW Hard is it to get the cylinders off, I have never taken like things off a machine before, this is my first skid steer? I also want to get the pin's, spacers/bushing replaced as well, as a bunch of slop on the bucket side of things thanks again, appreciate the help!

Tazza

Staff member
thanks for the time and effort to find that place, I do get up near scranton once in a while, so I will look into them and see HOW Hard is it to get the cylinders off, I have never taken like things off a machine before, this is my first skid steer? I also want to get the pin's, spacers/bushing replaced as well, as a bunch of slop on the bucket side of things thanks again, appreciate the help!
Hopefully removing cylinders are easy. You have 2 hydraulic lines and two pins. The pins are the only parts that can hold on tight.
If the cylinders have bushings in the eyes, they can be replaced when out, but not all cylinders have bushings that can be replaced though. If they are not, you need a machine shop to machine them out to suit bushings.

OP
OP
M

mrbb

Hopefully removing cylinders are easy. You have 2 hydraulic lines and two pins. The pins are the only parts that can hold on tight.
If the cylinders have bushings in the eyes, they can be replaced when out, but not all cylinders have bushings that can be replaced though. If they are not, you need a machine shop to machine them out to suit bushings.
thanks, I am not sure if there are bushings in there or not, What I think I can do is buy new pins' and then take both new pins and seal kit to a shop and have them see if there are bushings/spacers in the ends or not, and if NOT , let them do what's needed to make things snug again. I was chatting with my oil delivery guy, owns a trucking company, and he told me he knows a guy that does cylinder rebuilds some what locally and that the guy is super skilled and very reasonable on rates. he said he's going to drop off the number next time he is in my area, or for me to stop by his place some evening when he's done doing delivery's so I think I found a place to get me set up so thanks all for the info once I get them done I will up date with what all was done and even the costs, maybe will help someone else, or?

Tazza

Staff member
thanks, I am not sure if there are bushings in there or not, What I think I can do is buy new pins' and then take both new pins and seal kit to a shop and have them see if there are bushings/spacers in the ends or not, and if NOT , let them do what's needed to make things snug again. I was chatting with my oil delivery guy, owns a trucking company, and he told me he knows a guy that does cylinder rebuilds some what locally and that the guy is super skilled and very reasonable on rates. he said he's going to drop off the number next time he is in my area, or for me to stop by his place some evening when he's done doing delivery's so I think I found a place to get me set up so thanks all for the info once I get them done I will up date with what all was done and even the costs, maybe will help someone else, or?
New pins at the very least will help take some wear out.
Do tell us how you go, i'm sure someone will find it useful.