Lx565 pins in plate to boom

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Delly

Hi guys, I replaced all my bushings and the 2 pins in the bucket area on the plate. I have the round tube plate. My question is why do I still have play there's about a 1/4" slop back and fourth. Is that normal for the plate attachment area and the same goes for the pistons on the bucket tilt and curl. I also replaced those bushings and pin slides. Am I suppose to have the bottom pins pressed in or slammed in with a sledge hammer? I can take the bolt washer and nut off and look inside there and see that the pin doesn't seat up tight in there, but I thought that was normal otherwise you wouldn't have anything to grab when you have to hammer them out. Any help would be great thx.

Mike10

You can add shims between the face plate and boom to take up some of the play. The recommended play is 1/8". The mounting pins are tapered and should not bottom out in the boom. The proper way to install those pins is to tighten the nuts, nuts on the outside of the boom. Take a hammer and hit the pin, retorque the nut, hit the pin again and retorque. Repeat until the torque on the nut does not change. This hammer seats the pin into the boom. If the pins are loose in the boom then you will break the bolts and damage the pin seat area of the boom.

OP
OP
D

Delly

You can add shims between the face plate and boom to take up some of the play. The recommended play is 1/8". The mounting pins are tapered and should not bottom out in the boom. The proper way to install those pins is to tighten the nuts, nuts on the outside of the boom. Take a hammer and hit the pin, retorque the nut, hit the pin again and retorque. Repeat until the torque on the nut does not change. This hammer seats the pin into the boom. If the pins are loose in the boom then you will break the bolts and damage the pin seat area of the boom.
Ok so I think I have it correct. I would say 1/8" to 1/4" of movement on the plate side to side. I'll try the hammer method. Do you know the torque setting? The same movement on the bottom of the plate and boom is the same up where the piston slides into on the plate. I just don't remember that much slap back and fourth. It actually walked the bushing out on the 1 side of the bottom of the boom plate. Where the tapered pin is. When I take the bolt out and look in where the pin is am I suppose to see a small space where the pin bottoms out inside the boom? Thx Mike

OP
OP
D

Delly

Ok so I think I have it correct. I would say 1/8" to 1/4" of movement on the plate side to side. I'll try the hammer method. Do you know the torque setting? The same movement on the bottom of the plate and boom is the same up where the piston slides into on the plate. I just don't remember that much slap back and fourth. It actually walked the bushing out on the 1 side of the bottom of the boom plate. Where the tapered pin is. When I take the bolt out and look in where the pin is am I suppose to see a small space where the pin bottoms out inside the boom? Thx Mike
Just realized you told me already pins don't bottom out lol. Sry.

830Scott

We had all the pins replaced by the dealer in our 2006 L185. The tapered pins in the Q/A plate i did. I purchased new pins AND weld-in bushings from ebay. The guy machines these weld in components so you don't have to purchase a whole new Q/A. If the "socket" where your tapered pins are supposed to seat is beat up as bad as your old pins were, then you probably have to replace the "socket/weld-in/weld-on bushing". It was a fairly easy procedure. Torched out the old ones. Used a big piece of all-thread to keep them both aligned and a tacked them in place. Little welding at a time to prevent warpage.

Latest posts