LX565 boom dropping

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Straydog

My LX565 boom sometimes drifts down when I'm using the machine. It drops fairly quickly, probably 20 seconds it will go all the way from all the way up to the ground. Seems worse when it is cold. Sometimes I can fix it by doing some quick up and down movements with the pedal. So it doesn't do it all the time, just sometimes. Is this likely a valve not seating properly somewhere? I was wondering if it had something to do with the "float" mode that the manual talks about but I don't really understand this feature or how it works.

lfutrell

My first guess is the linkage from the pedel to the valve spool is not adjusted properly, As for the flote mode if you push the boom pedal all the way down real hard it should snap into a semi locked position that will allow the boom to (float) over the terrain without any lift or down pressure, to take it out of this mode just kick the up side of the pedal.

Mike10

Time to rebuild your boom cylinders. While you would think a bad seal in a cylinder would cause the problem to be present all the time, that is not necessarily the way it happens. The other place you might look is the circuit relief valve on the back of the control valve. With the boom down, unscrew the circuit relief valve out of the control valve and check the inner oring on it to make sure it is not blown. The circuit relief valve is directly above the spool for the boom lift. Depending on the age of the machine you may not have the circuit relief valve, but there will then be a plug with the same oring setup on it.

Cobra-R

Time to rebuild your boom cylinders. While you would think a bad seal in a cylinder would cause the problem to be present all the time, that is not necessarily the way it happens. The other place you might look is the circuit relief valve on the back of the control valve. With the boom down, unscrew the circuit relief valve out of the control valve and check the inner oring on it to make sure it is not blown. The circuit relief valve is directly above the spool for the boom lift. Depending on the age of the machine you may not have the circuit relief valve, but there will then be a plug with the same oring setup on it.
They also had lift check valves that were prone to failing......located in the control valve. Brian